Views
Helpful
Replies

Historical reports for VPN

pmajumder
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

Are there VPN reporting solutions (inexpensive) that will allow me to report on the following VPN usage?

1. VPN Site-To-Site connections

2. VPN Anyconnect connection

3. VPN Clientless SSL connections

4. VPN Cisco Client (the regular client) connection

5. Results of CSD/Host Scan - e.g. Connection denied because the user did not have A/V or Anti-Spyware.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Pradeep

3 Replies 3

Paul Carco
Level 1
Level 1

For items 2,3 and 5 we use 'enVision' and send via syslog an event list and I am getting a lot of useful historical data

logging list EnVision level emergencies class auth
logging list EnVision level emergencies class session
logging list EnVision level emergencies class vpn
logging list EnVision level informational class webvpn
logging list EnVision level informational class svc
logging list EnVision level informational class dap

This event list has proven invaluable especially when troubleshooting ssl vpn sessions posture assessment and DAP assignment.  We may adjust this a bit when things settle down but during an initial rollout I will deal with the verbose output since it beats debugging to the console.

I would think you could get the same results using most syslog servers and doing a quick google search yielded some cheap or free options.  Our enVision server is used for much more than syslog but it was available to me for this purpose.

Thank you. This is certainly very helpful. However I was also hoping to get usage reports including the ability to schedule them.

Your are wecome..   I can get reports from enVision server but I am not sure the free/cheap  sysog servers are going to give  you the same functionaity but I haven't really explored it.

I admit at this point I am mainy searching the logs to troubeshoot and havent had the need yet to pull reports but will no doubt in the near future.

Best of luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: