cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we change the UCCX server from single node to the first node without affecting it's configurations

waqas0612147
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Firstly I was using the single CUCM7.0 server with the single UCCX 7.0 server. Now I am going to add the second CUCM and UCCX in the cluster. I was first configured the UCCX server as a single node. Now I have to configure this as a first node. How I could configure this from single node to the first node without affecting it's configurations..??????

Regards

Ali Raza

26 Replies 26

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Take a look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/installation/guide/uccx70ig.pdf, page 172 of 190 (Changing Deployment Type of Unified CCX 7.0(1) from SA to HA).

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

Could you please tell me what this last paragraph is actually telling me. Is it saying that I have to reinstall the UCCX server if I have a recorded file on it. Because I configure the auot record option on CDA. Or I don't need to reinstall the UCCX just do the initial 6 steps to resolve the problem.

Some changes to a Cisco Unified CCX deployment require you to uninstall Cisco Unified CCX from a server on which you have installed the Recording component. In this case, save your recording files before you uninstall Cisco Unified CCX. For instructions, refer the CAD Installation Guide, IP Contact Center Express Edition 6.2(0).

Regards

Ali Raza

Hi

You don't need to worry about the single node/first node setting. As far as I'm aware all that does is determine whether the first node is set up as a publisher or not.

What I do know if that you don't have to change the setting - you basically install the second node (OS/Application) and then when you run appadmin on the new node for the first time, you just tell it the IP address and an Administrator user/password for the first node. It then reconfigures the first node and carries out AXL config on CCM and so on.

Some tips:

- Add the UCCX server name/IPs to the hosts and lmhosts (not lmhosts.sam) files on each server or your DB replication may fail to set up (especially if the two servers are on different subnets)

- Ensure that there is a free range of consecutive numbers counting up from your existing CTI ports - for example if you use 1000 to 1299 at the moment, UCCX will add another 300 ports on numbers 1300-1599. If there aren't consecutive numbers available, it can do some odd things.

- You will need to either reinstall CAD/CSD on the desktops, or go into the registry and add the secondary server at this registry key:

HKML/Software/Spanlink/CAD/Site Setup/LDAP Host 2

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Ok I will try this.  When I configure the second node and on the publisher activation page if I will not activate the all three options than it will automatically made the first node as the publisher or not? Tell me one more thing I am also going to integerate Inova with my uccx  server. I will configure the first node as the ODBC link with Inova  server. And configure the Inova server IP on my first node. Wheter I require any chnages on the second node or not?

Regards

Ali Raza

Hi all,

Coluld anybody tell me the solution of my above mention query? And can I also need to make the script again on second node or not?

Thanks

Ali Raza

Hi,

I can't see the Imhosts file in UCCX server. On UCCX server I have seen hosts and Imhosts.sam file. Now tell me that I only need to add both servers IP's and hostname's only on this file of first node or on both node.

Regards

Ali Raza

Hi

Each server needs the name/IP of the other server in both hosts and lmhosts.

lmhosts.sam is a sample file (sam=sample), so remove the .sam extension or just create a new blank file called lmhosts by following the examples in lmhosts.sam.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

How could we do the change on Imhost file. How we add the both servers in that file?

Below is the Imhost file txt.

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample LMHOSTS file used by the Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to computernames
# (NetBIOS) names.  Each entry should be kept on an individual line.
# The IP address should be placed in the first column followed by the
# corresponding computername. The address and the computername
# should be separated by at least one space or tab. The "#" character
# is generally used to denote the start of a comment (see the exceptions
# below).
#
# This file is compatible with Microsoft LAN Manager 2.x TCP/IP lmhosts
# files and offers the following extensions:
#
#      #PRE
#      #DOM:
#      #INCLUDE
#      #BEGIN_ALTERNATE
#      #END_ALTERNATE
#      \0xnn (non-printing character support)
#
# Following any entry in the file with the characters "#PRE" will cause
# the entry to be preloaded into the name cache. By default, entries are
# not preloaded, but are parsed only after dynamic name resolution fails.
#
# Following an entry with the "#DOM:" tag will associate the
# entry with the domain specified by . This affects how the
# browser and logon services behave in TCP/IP environments. To preload
# the host name associated with #DOM entry, it is necessary to also add a
# #PRE to the line. The is always preloaded although it will not
# be shown when the name cache is viewed.
#
# Specifying "#INCLUDE " will force the RFC NetBIOS (NBT)
# software to seek the specified and parse it as if it were
# local. is generally a UNC-based name, allowing a
# centralized lmhosts file to be maintained on a server.
# It is ALWAYS necessary to provide a mapping for the IP address of the
# server prior to the #INCLUDE. This mapping must use the #PRE directive.
# In addtion the share "public" in the example below must be in the
# LanManServer list of "NullSessionShares" in order for client machines to
# be able to read the lmhosts file successfully. This key is under
# \machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\nullsessionshares
# in the registry. Simply add "public" to the list found there.
#
# The #BEGIN_ and #END_ALTERNATE keywords allow multiple #INCLUDE
# statements to be grouped together. Any single successful include
# will cause the group to succeed.
#
# Finally, non-printing characters can be embedded in mappings by
# first surrounding the NetBIOS name in quotations, then using the
# \0xnn notation to specify a hex value for a non-printing character.
#
# The following example illustrates all of these extensions:
#
# 102.54.94.97     rhino         #PRE #DOM:networking  #net group's DC
# 102.54.94.102    "appname  \0x14"                    #special app server
# 102.54.94.123    popular            #PRE             #source server
# 102.54.94.117    localsrv           #PRE             #needed for the include
#
# #BEGIN_ALTERNATE
# #INCLUDE \\localsrv\public\lmhosts
# #INCLUDE \\rhino\public\lmhosts
# #END_ALTERNATE
#
# In the above example, the "appname" server contains a special
# character in its name, the "popular" and "localsrv" server names are
# preloaded, and the "rhino" server name is specified so it can be used
# to later #INCLUDE a centrally maintained lmhosts file if the "localsrv"
# system is unavailable.
#
# Note that the whole file is parsed including comments on each lookup,
# so keeping the number of comments to a minimum will improve performance.
# Therefore it is not advisable to simply add lmhosts file entries onto the
# end of this file.

Regards

Ali Raza

Hi

Just follow the instructions in the file... what is comes down to is you need one line per server, create a new text file called 'lmhosts' with NO file extension.

Enter two lines:

192.168.0.1   uccxa #PRE 

192.168.0.2   uccxb #PRE

Obviously you would substitute your real IPs and server names; #PRE isn't strictly required but means 'pre-cache this entry'.

Regards

Aaron

P.S. generally in these forums it's considered that a low star rating means you are not happy with the response received; since your queries have been answered you should consider rating higher and when you are fully satisfied marking the question as 'answered'. This will help encourage people to assist you further...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your support. I have one more question. When I configure the second node and on the publisher  activation page if I will not activate the all three options than it  will automatically made the first node as the publisher or not? Tell me  one more thing I am also going to integerate Inova with my uccx  server.  I will configure the first node as the ODBC link with Inova  server.  And configure the Inova server IP on my first node. Wheter I require any  chnages on the second node or not?

Regards

Ali Raza

Hi

When you activate the second node you should activate ALL services; if you do not then when your first server fails you will have a second server that cannot operate on it's own.

Re: the INOVA server; in general there are two ways of managing a two-server cluster. The problem is that some of the stats for the wallboard (the two real-time statistics tables in the DB) are not replicated, and are only updated on the current active server. If the cluster fails over, the non-active server will have stale data in the tables and the wallboard therefore displays incorrect statistics.

There are two solutions:

1) Add the wallboard server IP and admin account details to UCCX, so that it writes a new host file to that server when failover occurs. The ODBC link should then point at the name that UCCX adds to the hosts file. How well this works can vary between wallboards, as some require services to be restarted to pick up the host file change. The config that you add to the primary node is cluster-wide, so it replicates to the second server.

2) The wallboard server may have the ability to run two ODBC connections, and monitor which server is being updated. It should then have logic to determine which server it should pull data from...

3) UCCX 8.0 has a new API that wallboards can use to determine which server is active... not much use if you are on 7 or earlier, and I doubt many wallboards are using that yet.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Hi Aaron,

You mean we have to enable the all options on activation page of second node.

But when we configure the single node. It doesn't display the publisher activation page. So if we configure the second node and enable the all options on publisher activation page than it will still make the first node as a datastore or not?

Regards

Ali Raza

Hi

When you activate the second node, you see a page with checkboxes for  'Historical Data Store', 'Agent Datastore' etc; when you check those the datastore is set up and the first node is made publisher. You don't have to directly use the Publisher Activation page unless you have problems.

All you need to do is follow the wizard.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I am getting error message while login into the GUI. I am using the username administrator and password ciscocisco that use for the first time to login into the GUI. Message is attach for your reference. Tell me what I do to login into GUI.

Authentication

Unauthorized

I/O Error in AXL.Please try again. Please use the browsers  back button to go back to the login page.

Regards

Ali Raza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: