Click-To-Dial in CAD on a CCX 7.01Sr5

Unanswered Question
Aug 13th, 2010
User Badges:

Hej.

Is it possible thru a page in the internal browser on the CAD (Premium Version), to make click-to-dial or click-to-transfer. ?

I have made a webpage that a showed in the internal browser where the agent can search in there CRM system, but the customer will be able to just click the number from the search and then the CAD rings that number and the agent can then transfer the call. (as if the agent uses CTRL-T).

I have tried with the Communication Manager widget click-To-Dial, but in this it is not possible to transfer the call, when the second call is made..

Regards

Thomas Johannesen

I

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anthony Holloway Fri, 08/13/2010 - 09:03
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

For those of you with access to the partner community, I have addressed this topic over there once before:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/27737

For those of you without access, here is the important part of that conversation:

Depending on your customer's environment, you could actually circumvent this limitation with some basic HTML modifications to the page the Agent is viewing.

If the customer is in control of the content,and willing to modify it, all you need is to see this following example:

That would now allow my agents to call you via "click to call" within a CAD integrated browser.  Of course this assumes 9 is my PSTN access code, and I am calling from the NANP to the UK.

With some server side scripting and IP Address matching, you could rewrite the href attribute to suit the dialing needs of any geographically placed Agent.

I thought this one out even further...how can we limit this to the CAD integrated browser only, and not link phone numbers when viewed through a regular browser.

One method would be to sniff the userAgent via JavaScript, but as it turns out it's just embedded IE.  What's interesting though, is that my IE installation is IE8.0, whereas the reported version of the integrated browser IE happens to be IE7.0  You could try to differentiate based on that, but it's not recommended.

Another method is to include a GET query parameter along with every request.  i.e., give CAD URLs out like this http://www.company.local/search?q=anthony&cad=1  Now your web server as well as the client know that it's CAD calling it, and not a regular user.

Hope that helps to demystify the "click to call" feature in CAD.  It's just a simple URL.

Thomas Johannesen Wed, 08/18/2010 - 06:38
User Badges:

Hey Anthony

Thanks for your answer. I wil test it tommorow .

I am now sure about have you will handle europa number plan (All eksternal numbers is 8 or 9 digits)

The customer want's to be able to call both eksternal and internal numbers (4 digits)

I will makes some testes.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Thomas

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content