Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 User Tracking IP phone problem

CSCO11227946
Level 1
Level 1

UT-phones.JPG

Hello,

I need help with this subject. CamusManager version is 5.2.0 and LMS is 3.2.

The thing is that when I start UT acquisition it's not finding IP phones, atleast not the right phones. I added CM - VOIP-PUB to DCR and it's status is ok, on topology services its showing green. When it finished acqusition it finds 12 IP phones from different subets and locations, but IP phones that are connected to switch which is in DCR are categorized  as end hosts with correct IP addresses, VLAN and active status. and just to mention, 12 IP phones that are recodnized as IP phones showing as unregistered, but they are active and working.

to put it short, only 3 IP phones that are shown as end hosts should be discovered.  at least i think ?

Curently, there is only one switch 2960PC-L, router 2801, and Callmanager MCS7835-H and I use them to test CiscoWorks. On this switch three IP phones are attached and working but are shown as end hosts.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UT will poll the CISCO-CCM-MIB to get a list of IP phones known to a particular CUCM.  Perform an SNMP walk of the ccmPhoneTable on your CUCM, and verify all of the phones show up there.  If not, then the problem is on the CUCM side.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UT will poll the CISCO-CCM-MIB to get a list of IP phones known to a particular CUCM.  Perform an SNMP walk of the ccmPhoneTable on your CUCM, and verify all of the phones show up there.  If not, then the problem is on the CUCM side.

Hi Jo,

thanks for your help.

I tried SNMP walk of the ccmPhoneTable and I saw only 12 phones,  just to mention that I still don't know how they got there and why?

After this I added both VoIP-subscribers to DCR besides VoIP-PUB, I find that in your other discussions, and that solved my problem. now all IP phones are listed!

Tanks again  J.C.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: