Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA500 IPPhone interoperability with leading ITSP

vivekbatra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I want to use Cisco SPA525G with leading SIP based Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP) which supports calling to US numbers and should also support most of the features of Cisco SPA525G.

Please suggest me the name of ITSP.

Thanks a lot,

Vivek Batra

8 Replies 8

vivekbatra
Level 1
Level 1

Please suggest the ITSP name other then Skype for SIP as Skype

is supporting very few features of Cisco SPA525G IP Phone.

Vivek,

What features do they not support that you need?

We use a few ITSP's to test our Click to Dial for the SPA500/SPA900 IP Phones.

I have personally tested the SPA962, SPA942, SPA922 and the SPA525G and SPA504G on the following providers.

I have used the following ITSP's extensivily:

• RingCentral.com
  • CallCentric.com

I would stick with a bigger company becuase there are many fly-by-night VoIP companies out there.

Here are also some VoIP Review sites out there for more information:

Steve Wofford

Call Ctrl Call Manager for

SPA900 - SPA500 IP Phones

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

We are looking to use following features with Cisco SPA500 series IP Phones which can work with any ITSP;

-          Shared line appearances (Busy lamp Field)

-          Call transfer (1 button)

-          Day/Night Mode button

-          Voicemail button on handset (existing) & MWI

-          Corporate Directory (meaning all attached extensions & names are visible on the directory).

-          Music On Hold when you press the hold button on the system

-          Call recording

-          Remote IP extensions

Would the ITSPs you mentioned support all of the above features. If not, please suggest any ITSP who support above features with Cisco SPA500 series IP Phones.

Once again thanks for your comments....

Best Regards,

Vivek Batra

How many phones do you have?

Steve

Would be having not less then 100 SPA500 series phones.

If you are having no less then (more than?) 100 phones, I think hosted might be a bit ambitious, especially if they are mainly at a central site. Have you considered getting your own PBX? That would give you more control over the required features.

S

Sorry, my mistake....

Yes, we will be having more then 100 SPA500 phones, but not at one site. These all phones will be distributed in different offices and each office will be having 5 to 7 phones.

So i think hosted service through ITSP should be best solution.

Please suggest me any ITSP who can support the features i have mentioned previously.

Thanks,

Vivek Batra

This is a large project and will take a commitment to research your options and select accordingly.

What I think you will be looking for is a Hosted PBX solution. There are so many options to choose from. Location, feature, cost, expandability/configuration, etc... will narrow the services that will suite your needs best. I have worked w/ many of the leading providers so it is a matter of find what matches your needs best. What is best for one company may not be best for you.

You may need a hosted PBX option, but not necessarily. Things like the need for a Auto Attendant, ACD, DID, Etc. You may be able to have all seperate lines or need a PBX option. How are each line managed is it everyone manages/pays their own or do you need a centralized management and reporting platform?

You are not going to get a specific answer and the question is much more complicated than giving you a specific provider to choose. Anyone who does may not be advising you correctly in what suites your needs best. Contacting a service provider, they will of course tell you thier services are best. This is not always easy, but dealing w/ an expert may help and someone who has done a bit of research.

We are not a reseller to any specific provider and consult clients with these types of problesm. You are free to contact us www.uctrlit.com and see what can do to help, otherwise you will have to do alot of research in what is best for your organization.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: