cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS5.1 System Alarm [Collector] Store failure (DCACSBGLR, TacacsAccounting)

madhankumar.g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently I have deployed ACS5.1 at a customer location. We are often receiving the following Alarm in the inbox.

Cisco Secure ACS - Alarm Notification                 
          Severity: Critical               

Alarm Name                  System Alarm [Collector]                 
          Cause/Trigger                  Store failure (DCACSGKOL, TacacsAccounting)                 
          Alarm Details                   Please see Collector log for details

Generated On                  Fri Aug 13 14:25:59 UTC 2010

Please suggest the solution to understand and get rid of this Alarm. Thankyou...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Been checking around and found following CDETS that seems to be related:

CSCte88357: ACS5.1 Tacacs Accounting Report missing few attributes due to NULL char

This issue certainly causes and alarm of store failure although I can't confirm this is precisely the same case.

If this is the issue a fix is available in Cumulative patch 5.1.0.44.3 available for download on CCO

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

I see the same in my 5.1 installation. So I will hook myself into this thread.

gippstafe
Level 1
Level 1

Any resolution? I have this problem too.

Thanks

Been checking around and found following CDETS that seems to be related:

CSCte88357: ACS5.1 Tacacs Accounting Report missing few attributes due to NULL char

This issue certainly causes and alarm of store failure although I can't confirm this is precisely the same case.

If this is the issue a fix is available in Cumulative patch 5.1.0.44.3 available for download on CCO

Hi irabinow,

The issue has been resolved after installing the patch suggested by you. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Madhan kumar.

I have ACS v5.1.0.44 and still get:

:Fri Nov 12 08:01:11 CET 2010
:Store failure (AAA01, TacacsAccounting)
:Please see Collector log for details

It occures every 3-4 days.

Hi,

Install Cumulative patch 5.1.0.44.3 available for download on CCO, if you haven't done it yet. see if you get latest patch than this also. The error duration of 3-4 days gap may be because of the Suppression timer of similar errors, which is configurable under Alarm configuration.

I see that v5.1.0.44.4 is available. Can I install that patch instead

of 44.3?

Hi,

You can install v44.1 followed by v44.2, then v44.3 and finally v44.4. This is how usually we upgrade ACS in incremental order.

At the moment when I issue command show app ver acs:

Cisco ACS VERSION INFORMATION
-----------------------------
Version : 5.1.0.44
Internal Build ID : B.2347

Does it mean that I don't have any patches yet?

yes. you dont seem to have any patches.

Well, yes. It didn't have any patches. I upgrade directly to version 5.1.0.44.4 and it seems OK. I will check in next couple of days if there will be same system error again. Thanks for your advices.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: