cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot log in to Small Business Office Manager

tknapp
Level 1
Level 1

loaded SBOM.  Asking for a usename password.

I am using username password that works with CCA tool and also allows telnet sessions to UC560.  This user fails.

I also used CCA tool to promote user to administrator and this user fails.  Keep getting "Need Level 15 username: please correct and try again".

Users do have level 15 permissions.  "username tom privilege 15 password delta1".

Where am I to find qualified users on the UC560 box?  What user is SBOM requesting?

I do have admin privileges on the PC I have SBOM on.

As always any help would be appreciated.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

when you telnet in to UC560, do you receive > or # prompt?

Try adding 'login local' to VTY lines.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

try this:

UC_540(config)#aaa authentication login default local

Thank you for reply.

I added the command   aaa authentication login default local.

I still have the same issue.   I have a wire shark traces.

If I do a direct telnet to the UC I get a reply back showing the name of the UC device (which makes sense)..  I then can procede with the session.

When I use the SBOM, I get the same response back but NOTHING happens in the SBOM client.  I just get the error.  To me it looks like I am successful in logging into the UC, it is just the SBOM does not realize it.

Again any suggestions will help!

when you telnet in to UC560, do you receive > or # prompt?

Try adding 'login local' to VTY lines.

Steve,

Thank you for putting me on the right track.

The response was UC560_LAB>.   I went and added "aaa authorization exec default local".

Now the response is UC560#. Now the SBOM works.

Thanks again!

I have seen this myself and reported this to the BU. We started using AAA New Model in the default config to allow SCC to see Radius Start Stop messages for phone status, which seemed to have caused this burp.

Sorry about that. We will try to get this fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: