Views
Helpful
Replies

session ID

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Could some one give me some idea how to pass session information between scripts?

I am testing a callback feature, the customer calls in and if placed in a queue gets the option to schedule a callback

The main script collects the call back number and the Customers reference number. the caller is then hung up.

I place a call from this main script to another script which looks for an agent, once an agent has been found they press 1 to connect back to the customer (using a call redirect step from the main script)- this all works

what I am trying to do is when the call is placed to to the agent is send some enterprise data to CAD like customer reference number, call back number etc, before the agent gets connected to the customer,  but I can;t see how to pass these variables between the scripts

please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Just the one step :-)

Set Enteprise Data (after the place call step)

- Contact: your contact variable used with the 'Place Call' step

- Set customvariable1 (or customeraccountnumber, or one of the other vars), tokens=all, to the value or variable you like

Nothing required in the 'queue to agent' script.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I did this recently.

What I found was if you do a 'set enterprise data' step on the outbound contact (the one used for your place call step in the callback script - not the 'triggering contact') those variables are 'passed through' to the contact received by the agent.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Ahh. I am sure I tried this must have not done the set enterprise step right  Can I confirm the steps

Hi

Just the one step :-)

Set Enteprise Data (after the place call step)

- Contact: your contact variable used with the 'Place Call' step

- Set customvariable1 (or customeraccountnumber, or one of the other vars), tokens=all, to the value or variable you like

Nothing required in the 'queue to agent' script.

Aaron

thanks for that works perfect.

Is there a way to not have to call the 2nd script.? so keep the call in the main script queue

Hi

I had some idea a while back which I'd not tried yet - think I was going to set up an outbound contact (using a place call step), and then do a 'select' referencing that contact. May or may not work; you get the feeling you are swimming upstream with this sort of thing.

It would be nice if there was an elegant 'submit a contact to this outbound campaing' step that pumped a record into the Outbound subsystem's list of customers...

Regards

Aaron

Hi!

I'm guessing the outbound component will take control on when to call this customer back. Is there a way for the caller to choose a time when he/she wishes to be callback?

Thanks!

-JT-

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I just found another issue with this script I hope you could help with.

callback works fine but because of the way the main script works (using a Collect digit step) with a prompt to tell the agent to press any key to continue the prompt could be half way through when the agent picks up, is there anyway to only play the "do you want to take the call" prompt when an agents answers or is their a better way to do callbacks apart from whats in the script store

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: