cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sync errors with logger DB's

tkrisher193
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with my lab loggers and sync'ing. I have recreated the databases (lost all of my configuration) and I still can't get these things to sync.

Here is the output from icmdba sync.

DBLib Err: Unable to connect: SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist.  Specified SQL server not found.

OS Error: ConnectionOpen (Connect()).

Error connecting to database server.

ICM database schema version Majors cannot match between source and destination servers.

Synchronization failed!

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Troy

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I have an issue with my lab loggers and sync'ing. I have recreated the databases (lost all of my configuration) and I still can't get these things to sync.

When you say "I have recreated the databases" what exactly do you mean? Did you have independent SQL backups of loggerA and loggerB and you used SQL restore to independently restore them.

Then you fired up ICMDBA and tried to sync from A to B?

DBLib Err: Unable to connect: SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist.  Specified SQL server not found.

OS Error: ConnectionOpen (Connect()).

Error connecting to database server.

ICM database schema version Majors cannot match between source and destination servers.

Synchronization failed!

If you know for sure that none of these are wrong, then I would suggest using the low-level tool rather than ICMDBA. It's sometimes annoying and does not work, but the low-level tool does.

In icm\install run SyncLoggers.bat

SyncLoggers LoggerA_HostName instanceName_sideA LoggerB_HostName instanceName_sideB

If this tool does not work, then there is something amiss. Post back and we'll go further.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for responding Geoff.

I ended up deleting both Logger databases using ICMDBA and then recreated them from scratch without restoring any data and then restoring from SQL.

When I use SyncLoggers.bat I get the following messages

"

SQLState = 28000, NativeError = 18452
Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user ''. The
user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

"

Best regards,

Troy

I have modified the server authentication for SQL and Windows auth mode and I verifed that the server is allowing remote connections via TCP/IP and named pipes with no change to the syncloggers

SQLState = 28000, NativeError = 18452
Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user ''. The
user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Troy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: