cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Power dropped 45 minutes, phone issues..

I just took job as Systems Admin for a business.  They also want me to do what I can with the telephones.  Up until this point, there have been some successes, but my trainings was for CCNA, and hardly touched IP phones.  That being said:

The system dropped 45 minutes ago.  I haven't  had a chance to really "map" the network yet, it's of moderate size.  My phone came back up, and others have came back up, but the one in the main office hasn't.  The one thing I did notice is that mine phone has DHCP enabled, whereas the phone in the office says its IP is 10.0.0.61, but nothing comes up, it just flashes back and forth between "Registering" and "Configuring IP".  Here is the thing:

I can ping from my computer right now to a phone at 10.0.0.61.  So I unplugged the phone configured with that address (even though it said "Registering").  I am still able to ping.  Did another host find a way to get to this IP address first?  Can I disassociate the name from IP in CME without crashing this already ailing network?

There is some serious stress involved in not  being trained in this, and expected to do it.  I'm ambitious, and have been reading.  But I still fear the very day they drop, and they just did.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Pardon the double post, I did not mean CME.  I meant Cisco Unified CM Console.  Thanks again for any advice.