Views
Helpful
Replies

trigger for a application with new script not working correctly

DavidPeter
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new script that I cannot

get to and I think I nailed it down to being a issue with the trigger on the application. I set it up and compared even with another I did and when calling it I still get a system message stating "we are experiencing a problem" So somehow the trigger is not routing properly? I was playing around with it and got as far as a callmanager message stating it could not route that number so somehting is still missing? I have attached screnn shots of the trigger.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Usually, you're not going to pass a document into or out of a subflow.  So just delete it from the input/output mappings on that subflow step.

Then test it, and if it works, then someone probably didn't know what they were doing and just started creating a bunch of mappings.  I see this all the time.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It may not be the trigger's fault.  Open your script in the script editor, and goto Tools > Validate.  Does it validate successfully?  If so, then it may be your trigger.  To test, move the application it's associate with to a known working application, and call it.  Does that work?

If all else fails, theres always, the Data Resync, or a delete and recreate.

I uploaded another file called Vlidate

. I thought I would do this one step at a time so I was able to fix a couple of errors but I not sure about this one

in the picture. Any ideas?

Thanks

Yep.  You're missing the variable currentDoc.  Either create it, or remove it from the Subflow step's parameters.

I noticed that variable in another script relates to a XML file.

How can I tell what that does. I am wondering if I need it for functionality?

Can I read that file somehow?

Usually, you're not going to pass a document into or out of a subflow.  So just delete it from the input/output mappings on that subflow step.

Then test it, and if it works, then someone probably didn't know what they were doing and just started creating a bunch of mappings.  I see this all the time.

Ok I have done that and remade the trigger a couple of times as we

ll. I am still getting that system error message when calling the trigger. The script does validate though. So not sure why it won't accept it.

Any ideas?

I wound up creating the variable for the currentdoc It had something to do

witht he state in the manualopenclosed. I validate through that now but

somehting still is throwing the error message.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

In general, if you get the 'system problems' error, then your trigger is fine.

Usually it means there is either a problem loading the script, or running a step within it. Did you manage to do a reactive debug of the script?

If not, then you could post up the latest MIVR log covering the time of the call from c:\program files\wfavvid\log\MIVR

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Here is the file as I could not do the Step action. I was able to verify the file

though as noted in the other replies. I am still getting the system error message. i can see

in this log where it is presented but not sure what the error is.

Thanks to both of you for helping with this

The number you would bbe looking for in the file 5553000. That is the trigger.

Have a look at your StateCheck.aef script

1083922: Aug 17 11:07:21.766 CDT %MIVR-ENG-7-UNK:Execute step of Task 56000004069 : current_State = Create File Document(currentDoc)
1083923: Aug 17 11:07:21.766 CDT %MIVR-ENG-7-UNK:Execute step of Task 56000004069 : current_State = Create XML Document (current_State)
1083924: Aug 17 11:07:21.766 CDT %MIVR-ENG-7-UNK:Execute step of Task 56000004069 : state = Get XML Document Data(current_State, "/descendant::currentstate")

Looks to me your creating this xml on the fly with the data collect is failing when it tries to invoke the step /descendant::currentstate

This appears to all be part of the manual open close portion of the script. I had a

nother issue with it and just removed the DOC. So I am not sure what to do with this part of it. The CURRENTSTATE xml does exist. but I am unsure what it goes. Looks like it is supposed to look at

current state of the hours and see whether it is open or closed and

then let you choose option to close or open manualy based on that

? I am not sure. I have the script uploaded already if you can help me with some advice on that. I also just uploaded the CURRENTSTATE that seems to be causing this error. Mybe the xml needs to be different? I copied the MANUAL OPENCLOSED part of my script from another one. So maybe need to create a seperate xml renamed for this one?

Thanks

So i created a DavPedsState.xml document and put it in the WFAVVID folder. I then validated the script and it validates again. I assume the STATECheck is going out and validating the STATE and then dropping that info into the XML Doc and that is how it checks?

I have attached a new MIVR file from after I fixed the Statecheck xml. I am still recieving the error when I call it.

Sorry I should have reposted to this a long time ago. I just noticed someone else

added to it. The answer was I needed to upload the DOcs to the

repository after that I changed my MAnual open closed Subflow script to send the Doc there when it was changed. Then I was alwasy using the correct doc. I then of course had to resave the steps and and validate debugged the script and saved it again. Everything is working fine now.

Thanks

to everyone!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: