Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Schedule Reports

guzman.barrio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I generated a report in CM and schedule it to run with Weekly fercuency, after one week the report was generated correctly.

My problem is that I can't schedule it forever because I need to put a natural number in the No. of Reports field.  When the report is generated a pre-set number of times, and CM reach the value, it doesn't generate more the report.  I have to re-schedule the report to start again.

There is a way to schedule a report to run "forever"? (Perhaps with an special number o a wildcard).

My second question is if there is a site where to see all the old generated reports in the CM?, the ones that can't view in the Scheduled Reports page.

Thanks for your help,

Guzmán.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Guzman,

Yes, you have to put some number in the No. of Reports field. You can use a big number like 99999 but yes, you will need "some" number there. That is by design.

About second question, I am not sure if I understood your question correctly but you want to see the past reports.

It seems like you can change those variables under Central Manager --> Configure --> System Properties --> maxReports and recordLimitDays.

There isn't a way to see the reports on CM once they expire / deleted. However you may want to use Export feature to export the old reports before they are removed from CM.

Here are the options.

System.monitoring.maxReports 10 The configuration for maximum number of completed or failed reports to be displayed for each type of report scheduled.
  System.monitoring.monthlyConsolidationFrequency 14 Frequency in days for the Central Manager to consolidate the daily monitoring records into monthly records.
  System.monitoring.recordLimitDays 1825 The maximum number of days of monitoring data to maintain in the system

Hope this answers your question. If yes, please mark the question as Answered.

Regards.

View solution in original post

Hi Guzman,

The reports are available using Central Manager GUI only. CLI reports are live reports and they are not stored on WAE locally. All the reports get consolidated inside Central Manager once it receives the statistics from indivudual WAE.

If the reports have expired, we can not retrieve it. The only way to look at reports is thru CM, if it is available there.

About the export feature, you have to use CM GUI one more time. CLI export is not available again. This is as per WAAS 4.2.1 CLI guide.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Guzman,

Yes, you have to put some number in the No. of Reports field. You can use a big number like 99999 but yes, you will need "some" number there. That is by design.

About second question, I am not sure if I understood your question correctly but you want to see the past reports.

It seems like you can change those variables under Central Manager --> Configure --> System Properties --> maxReports and recordLimitDays.

There isn't a way to see the reports on CM once they expire / deleted. However you may want to use Export feature to export the old reports before they are removed from CM.

Here are the options.

System.monitoring.maxReports 10 The configuration for maximum number of completed or failed reports to be displayed for each type of report scheduled.
  System.monitoring.monthlyConsolidationFrequency 14 Frequency in days for the Central Manager to consolidate the daily monitoring records into monthly records.
  System.monitoring.recordLimitDays 1825 The maximum number of days of monitoring data to maintain in the system

Hope this answers your question. If yes, please mark the question as Answered.

Regards.

Hi Bhavin,

Thanks for your answer, it's really useful for my actual situation.

About my second question, I wanted to know if there is a way to read the stored reports in the edge WAEs through the CLI (with the command type for example) or the GUI (I didn't find a TAB for this).  The client wants to have access to old reports but still in the WAE disk, there is a way to do this?

An finally, the Export feature you talk about is the copy ftp command in the CLI?

Thaks again for your invaluable support,

Guzmán

Hi Guzman,

The reports are available using Central Manager GUI only. CLI reports are live reports and they are not stored on WAE locally. All the reports get consolidated inside Central Manager once it receives the statistics from indivudual WAE.

If the reports have expired, we can not retrieve it. The only way to look at reports is thru CM, if it is available there.

About the export feature, you have to use CM GUI one more time. CLI export is not available again. This is as per WAAS 4.2.1 CLI guide.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards.

Thanks again Bhavin.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: