CUE-NME upgrade VM license to 100VM boxes running system questions

Unanswered Question
Aug 14th, 2010
User Badges:

Hello,

I have some questions about the upgrade of the VM license on a system that is already in use for a year and for me it is the first time that i need to do it, I have no lab equipment to do  a simulation. Customer ordered a cue-vm-license_100mbx_cme_3.2.1, existing one is also 3.2.1 but 12 mailboxes.

When I read the upgrade procedure, i should do a write, then start the software install clean url procedure and do a reload. But now my questions :

1. do i loose the existing data of the mailboxes. (I think not because otherwise I don't know why you should do the write)

2. The IVR is also used and scripts are made, are they still operational after this procedure

3. Stays the module operational during this procedure

Who can help ? Thanks

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Sat, 08/14/2010 - 10:09
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

1. no

2. yes

3. no, a reboot is necessary.

Note, you should also upgrade software, what you are using is quite old.

pbogaerts Sun, 08/15/2010 - 04:54
User Badges:

OK, this means when i follow the procedure, that the licenses are upgraded and that the users that did have a voice mail box still have their configuration, as before and did not loose anything.

I understand you note but when an upgrade is made of the whole software this will cost more for him and it is maybe good as next step when, for the moment there are no issues with the existing software.

paolo bevilacqua Sun, 08/15/2010 - 13:08
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Upgrade has no cost for customers with smartnet.

Smartnet is also good because if hardware fails, cisco will replace it for free.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Actions

This Discussion