Views
Helpful
Replies

AW Client Error:(-9986)Session to local database could not be opened

Zapparoli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, I'm here again.

So, i installed AW Client in ten computers, for a customer training. But when I tried to open the configuration manager, appears this message: "(-9986) Session to local database could not be opened". The network for this ten computers is 192.168.7.x and the network from AW Server is 192.168.12.x. I tried to ping and everything is allright, so the two networks are ok.

The ten computers are in ICM Domain, and I´m logged in with administrator to install the aw client.

Thanks.

10 Replies 10

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I'm assuming your Distributor AW is OK. It must be running of course for the Client AWs to connect. That's why it is called a Distributor AW.

The connection from the Client AW towards the Distributor AW (the rtfeed) is trying to connect to the Primary AW over TCP - the target port is TCP 48008 + (InstanceNumber * 40). If you have installed with instance 0 (this is the normal number for first time install) then the AW will be listening on 48008. Run a netstat on the Distributor to see if it is listening on that port.

From the client AW, try to telnet to the Distributor on that port. Can you connect?

Check the registry to see what the Client AW is using as the port number on the Distributor.

If you made a mistake in installing and somehow let the instance number advance, the ports will not be aligned.

On the Distributor, increase the trace level on the rtdist process and you should see the trace of the clients coming in.

Regards,

Geoff

Are the username used in the AW clients and the actual AW/HDS different?

dam

Ok Geoff. But the AW DIstributor is Ok. When i try to connect from my computer, everything its allright.

But when i try to connect from any computer from 192.168.7.0, appears this error.

I read something like ODBC connection, to change TCP/IP to named Pipes. I will try this.

David, i didnt undestand your question...

What Windows login are you using for the client AW and the HDS/AW?

david

David, i'm using administrator, with all privileges from ICM Domain.

Why?

So, you're using the same Windows account for both?  I'm thinking you might be having a persmission issue, but if you're using the same domain account, then that shouldn't be the case.

david

Geoff, i did a netstat and the port 48008 was listening. I tried telnet on 192.168.12.199 48008 and connected. I didn`t know what I do more...

Eric,

Please check the registry on the Client AW and ensure you are trying to connect to that port. Increase the trace and see if you can get some logging information that points you in the right direction.

Usually, adding a client AW is about the easiest ICM task. So we are struggling to know what the problem could be. You need to get us some trace.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff, David, thank you very much.

I found the problem. It was in connection to ODBC Server.

I was in Administratives tools>ODBC Database.

I fixed the problem changing the client configuration of the ODBC connection to

named pipes. It was set to TCP/IP.

Thanks guy, ando sorry about my problems.

armingojak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, 

I get the same error message as Zapparoli mentioned.

Difference is that my environment is UCCE 10.0(1) and that I have to use domain users to access AW Client, not domain admins, because of corporate security policy. With domain admin users everything works fine.

So my question is what can I do regarding this? Is it possible to allow domain users (supervisors on UCCE) to access AW Client without giving them admin privileges on domain or local admin right on their PCs.

Regards, 

Armin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: