First off, forgive me, I know very little about VPN. I was issued a very slow laptop with AnyConnect installed on it to access my desktop at work for the purposes of SQL 2008 design. I work for the State and they will not provide any support for other than their machine. From home I'm running an intel based iMac with OS X v10.5.7.
This is what I know:
- On my laptop I'm running AnyConnect VPN Client Version 2.4.1012
- I have the client address, server address, Connection address, group, my username and password
- I tried to use the vpn access in the Mac Network settings. I have no shared secret of know how to authenticate my machine
- Where can I download AnyConnect for a Mac and what version should I use?
- Do I have to know more or have more than I can determine form my AnyConnect console on my work laptop?
- Is there a better way to do this?
Thank you for any help. I have been watching text boxes crawl across my screen for months and any help would be appreciated.