Views
Helpful
Replies

1721 Reconfig from DSL to Wireless/Microwave

jwynacht
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to reconfig our 1721 which was set up to work with AT&T DSL to now work with a wireless connection we have at our new facility. Our internet connection come via microwave received by a dish on our roof and is sent down to our telco room. I've to a static ip, netmask and gateway from our service provider. Do I need to set the 1721 up to bridge or just configure FE0 with my static address and set up a default route with the gateway?

Or is that just too simple ;-)

I've got the connection working on my laptop just fine so I'm that far...thanks in advance.

Jon

3 Replies 3

jwynacht
Level 1
Level 1

One more thing...no serial interfaces just the WIC and the WIC-4 as well as ATM.

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would not think that you want to try bridging on the 1721. Configuring the IP address and  mask supplied by the ISP should work (and a static default route using the gateway address).

I would guess that Network Address Translation would also be needed. It is not clear from your post whether the 1721 was already doing Network Address Translation for DSL.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks! Turns out the rest of the config that I want to do is a little beyond my knowledge so I've got someone doing it for me.

I appreciate the help here though!

Cheers,

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card