IOS for 3500 catalyst

Unanswered Question
Aug 15th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi, guys im new here, just want to ask if the old 3500 and 3560 catalyst switch still supports for upgrading there IOS and if its possible how do i do that, any procedure and guide on how to do it..? link..?

And another question as i see uplink between 3500 switch does not support straight through cable, why..? can i make it support straight through cable rather than using crossover..? please any idea.n thanks a lot

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Sun, 08/15/2010 - 22:43
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

old 3500 and 3560 catalyst switch still supports for upgrading there IOS

Yes.  Do you have the IOS you want to upgrade to?

And another question as i see uplink between 3500 switch does not support straight through cable, why

3500 is an old technology and doesn't support MDI/MDI-X.  The 3560, however, do.
rubenlacumbajr Sun, 08/15/2010 - 22:47
User Badges:

Oh..so i really should used crossover cable for there uplink between switches right..? and i9 can plug it any port i ahve on my two link 3500 switches.

with regards to IOS i dont have idea any idea what version should i used and i dont have the ISO yet also, how to acquire it..?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Leo Laohoo Sun, 08/15/2010 - 22:56
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

If one of your switch supports MDI/MDI-X then you can use either crossover or straight-through.

Regarding your IOS, do you have a copy of the IOS yet?  The last IOS for the 3500 is WC17.  Take note that the 3500 is end-of-sale, end-of-support since 2006. 

Leo Laohoo Wed, 02/16/2011 - 20:05
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Hi Maria,

If our post have solved your issues, can you mark this thread as "Answered"?

Actions

This Discussion