cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use Attendant Console and existing Phone at the same time?

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all, I have an existing Line  group that has several users that when called, it broadcasts to all users  in the group. This is a high traffic Line group and I would like to  give the option of using the existing phone or Attended Console.  However, I've setup a test pilot point using my extension and a  co-workers and it works whenever, I have the attendant console software  open and logged in but, if I call it without being logged it does not  ring my extension in fact I believe it sounds like its put on hold and seems to go no where.

Is  there a way to give me an option of using the attendant console and  phone? Not sure if this makes a difference but, most calls come from the  main DID which is a call handler. Callers choose the specific line  group off the call handler then sends it to Call Manager where it  broadcast to the phones that are in the LG. I also should add the test Pilot Point is not the actually Hunt Pilot of the line group yet, I'm still in the testing phase until I can determine how to properly move over the Hunt Pilot number.

We are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 6.1.2.1000-13

Thanks,

Dan

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like you have configured your AC pilot point Hunt Group Members to route to "Direct call to , line X"  instead of "Call directory number X".  When you add members to the hunt group add a Device Member instead of a User Member and you'll be able to deliver calls regardless of users being logged to the attendant console application.

Also, after CUCM 7.x, Attendant Console is no longer a free bundled feature.  Keep in mind that it will cost additional $$$ to upgrade to CUCM 8.0+ if your users get used to Attendant Console!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: