cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use Attendant Console and existing Phone at the same time?

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all, I have an existing Line  group that has several users that when called, it broadcasts to all users  in the group. This is a high traffic Line group and I would like to  give the option of using the existing phone or Attended Console.  However, I've setup a test pilot point using my extension and a  co-workers and it works whenever, I have the attendant console software  open and logged in but, if I call it without being logged it does not  ring my extension in fact I believe it sounds like its put on hold and seems to go no where.

Is  there a way to give me an option of using the attendant console and  phone? Not sure if this makes a difference but, most calls come from the  main DID which is a call handler. Callers choose the specific line  group off the call handler then sends it to Call Manager where it  broadcast to the phones that are in the LG. I also should add the test Pilot Point is not the actually Hunt Pilot of the line group yet, I'm still in the testing phase until I can determine how to properly move over the Hunt Pilot number.

We are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 6.1.2.1000-13

Thanks,

Dan

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like you have configured your AC pilot point Hunt Group Members to route to "Direct call to , line X"  instead of "Call directory number X".  When you add members to the hunt group add a Device Member instead of a User Member and you'll be able to deliver calls regardless of users being logged to the attendant console application.

Also, after CUCM 7.x, Attendant Console is no longer a free bundled feature.  Keep in mind that it will cost additional $$$ to upgrade to CUCM 8.0+ if your users get used to Attendant Console!