cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to display a Russian text in a gateway console?

Igor1906
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using the Cisco gateway C2851 integrated with Nuance ASR via MRCP. When we attempt to view a Nuance ASR recognition result for a Russian utterance we see on a gateway console screen strange symbols like "P4P0" instead of a Russian text, in this case "yes" in Russian. We tried to change different display options in the gateway console, but no luck. Also we tried to use different telnet consoles like SecureCRT, Putty, Tera Term, etc. but recieved the same result. Our Cisco guys said us that the problem is with the Cisco gateway, i.e. the gateway cannot correctly process a Cyrillic text, in particilar a Russian text. Is it true? How can we resolve this problem?

Please note a Russian text is encoded with UTF-8.

Thanks.

Igor

-- best regards, Igor
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Igor,

I'm afraid cisco console is tied to english alphabet as the console primary purpose is to allow configuration and troubleshooting of the router itself.

Make appropriate changes in order to access the appliance from a linux box or other computer system that can use unicode or UTF-8.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Igor,

I'm afraid cisco console is tied to english alphabet as the console primary purpose is to allow configuration and troubleshooting of the router itself.

Make appropriate changes in order to access the appliance from a linux box or other computer system that can use unicode or UTF-8.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I recieved the same result under a linux box.

Nikolay

-- best regards, Igor
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card