cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route-map policy and defalut route problem!

sfanayei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can any one telle me that how I can avoid that route-map policy on vlan interface to overruled the defalut route. The mening is that I want to redirect the traffic to next-hop ip add. in route-map to get to a specific destination and other wise the traffic has to use default route . Many tanks in advance!

Bedst regards SF

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

If your next hop is directly connected then use the route-map option "set ip next-hop verify-availability" which uses CDP to verify the next hop, if it is not avilable, the policy route will fail and it will consult the RIB.

HTH>

Hi HTH

Tanks for your reply. And Yes my next-hop is directtly connected and i did tryied "set ip next-hop verify-availability" . It nearly kiled my router, I had to reboot it. Have you other suggestion that I can try.

Regards SF

Well it's highly unlikely that enabling that option will kill the router, as it just looks into the

CDP table to make sure the next hop IP is there.  I would think that something else happened

at the same time.  However your options are limited when it comes to checking the avilability

of a next hop using PBR - see the below url

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t4/feature/guide/gtpbrtrk.html

HTH>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: