Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NAC IB-VG-L3

m.awahed
Level 1
Level 1

I will deploy the NAC server for a network , but I have  some questions:

1- can I Use one NAC server for both the VPN users  and the wired network(internal users) at the same time , and where it can be  placed,knowing that I will configure NAC IB-VG-L3?

2- Is there a  configuration example to deploy the NAC IB-VG-L3?
3- I have users who will  connect to my network(servers and applications) through WAN from another site ,  I want to enforce them to the NAC authentication,remediation. how can i  configure that?

4- how can I specify that printers are trusted (bypass  NAC)?

1 Reply 1

amonie
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. If your goal is to configure NAC in IB- virtual gateway for L3 users then this setup is typically not supported normally and extremely difficult to configure keeping in mind that with VGW there is just one IP address and this makes it difficult to configure Policy based routing to the untrusted side.

But to answer the first part of your question, the same CAS can be used for wired as well as VPN users.

2. Unsupported

3. If the users are L3 hop away from the CAS, then you will need to configure Policy based routing to lead the users traffic to hit the CAS untrusted interface to be able to posture assess/remediate them.

4. You can add the printers MAC address in the Filter list with Allow option.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: