cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler / Auto Attendant dump Unity 7.x

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

What is the best tool to extract all call handlers on a system?  The customer has asked for an inventory of all call handlers / auto attendants.  I understand both Audio text manager and COBRAS are available and allow you to view each individual call handler but is there a way to get a dump of all call handlers on one system in a text or CSV file which will display owner, number called, and perhaps caller input or does it all have to be done on an individual basis?  I dont need all the configuration behind each call handler at this point, just a high level inventory of them.  Thanks.

19 Replies 19

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've had a placeholder for this in the ATM to-do list for a long while - no one's ever asked for it so it languishes on the bottom of the list.

I can put a dump for all handlers (as opposed to something fancier for doing selected handlers or all handlers in a "Tree" or the like) that will kick out the basic info for all system call handlers on a system fairly quickly - display name, primary extension, message recipient type, message recipient alias, alternate transfer type, alternate transfer number, standard transfer type, standard transfer number, off hours transfer type, off hours transfer number and then a text description of each of the 12 user input keys (i.e. "USER_INPUT_*, USER_INPUT_1"...)

this would at least get you a single flat file you can eyeball - not sure how useful that is given the need to manually figure out the one key links by reading the text descriptions and such - but its doable at any rate.

A tool/script would be great, as any automation would be very helpful to have.  I can pull what I need from the output for the inventory.   The list compiled will be used to verify these are still in use and then documented and prepared for migration using COBRAs to Unity Connection.  This customer has 24 Unity servers globally so they have alot of call handlers/auto attendants which need to be inventoried and confirmed to be still in use....I would appreciate any assistance.

oh, wait - I thought you had been talking about Connection - there is a DOH based script out there for Unity based systems:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/CallHandlerDump/CallHandlerDump.html

it's not TAC supported but it's a read only operation (i.e. completely safe) - I haven't used it on Unity 7 but I think it'll kick out what you need if you're just reviewing it for verification.

I saved the "Call Handler Dump 4.x.htm" file to the server, and then opened the webpage, and clicked the button "dump handler info" and this is what I got.  This server itself has over 2000 users + call handlers...

Handler Info

DTMF_ID: (empty)
      After Message Action: 
          Error!... something I wasn't expecting
      Transfer Rules:
Enabled
                   Transfer Disabled, send directly to greeting.
      Greetings:
      Menu Entries:
Ignore

hmmm... been a lot of years since I cracked that old DOH based script up - presumably it's tripping up on the new transfer rules and such that have been added since th 4.x days.

Horsing around with the script might be possible, I'll take a look later today - but it may be that a seperate SQL based tool is necessary here.

Thanks Jeff...if you have the time that would be very helpful.  In the meantime I will start putting together a plan to manually pull this data off.  Its time consuming but needs to be done in order to understand what is still in use as opposed to migrating everything as is....

Well, I just tried it on an 8.0 and a 7.0 system and it runs fine on both - I'm not doing anything funky on those, pesumably your system is referencing some newer conversations that the script is not expecting - I'll run through and check the construction section and add the new conversation names in there - if you're wondering this is what the output on my 7.0 system looked like:

Handler Info
Goodbye
          Alias: goodbyech
       Schedule: All Hours - All Days
      Recipient: Example Administrator - LINDBORG2003
      After Message Action:
          Send caller to Hangup
      Transfer Rules:
              Alternate Transfer Rule: Disabled
              Follow-Me Here Transfer Rule: Disabled
              Follow-Me Home Transfer Rule: Disabled
              Follow-Me Mobile Transfer Rule: Disabled
              Off Hours Transfer Rule: Enabled
              Standard Transfer Rule: Enabled
      Greetings:
              Alternate Greeting: Disabled
              Busy Greeting: Disabled
              Internal Greeting: Disabled
              Off Hours Greeting: Enabled. After Greeting Action=Send caller to Hangup
              Standard Greeting: Enabled. After Greeting Action=Send caller to Hangup
      Menu Entries:
              # key: Transfer to a handler: openinggreetingch
              * key: Go To Subscriber Sign In
              0 key: Transfer to a handler: operatorch
              1 key: Ignore
              2 key: Ignore
              3 key: Ignore
              4 key: Ignore
              5 key: Ignore
              6 key: Ignore
              7 key: Ignore
              8 key: Ignore
              9 key: Ignore

Jeffs Handler 1
          Alias: Jeffs Handler 1
       Schedule: Weekdays
      After Message Action:
           Transfer to a handler: goodbyech
      Transfer Rules:
              Alternate Transfer Rule: Enabled
              Off Hours Transfer Rule: Disabled
      Greetings:
              Off Hours Greeting: Disabled
              Standard Greeting: Enabled. After Greeting Action=Take Message
      Menu Entries:
              # key: Skip
              4 key: Ignore

Opening Greeting
          Alias: openinggreetingch
       Schedule: Weekdays
      After Message Action:
           Transfer to a handler: goodbyech
      Transfer Rules:
              Alternate Transfer Rule: Disabled
              Off Hours Transfer Rule: Enabled
      Greetings:
              Off Hours Greeting: Enabled. After Greeting Action=Transfer to a handler: operatorch
              Standard Greeting: Enabled. After Greeting Action=Transfer to a handler: operatorch
      Menu Entries:
              # key: Transfer to a handler: operatorch
              4 key: Send to Directory Handler

from your output it doesn't look like the script is even running at all - are you using IE or another browser?  MAke sure you have all the java script capabilities enabled - it needs to attach to the DOH so you need to be logged in as the admin account (The account associated with AvCsMgr service).

Thanks Jeff, we cant use the UnityMSGSTore account to logon/run progrmas however I am able to run it with the unityinstall account. I figured that might have been the issue after posting. Due to the number of users and call handlers on the system, it will have to be run afterhours as it crashed the first few times saying the scripts being run were causing delays to the IE browser, and ended the task. I'll run on the backup servers after hours.

Thanks for your patience.

yeah - that's a problem with the DOH interface (COM based object model used for clients back in the 3.x/4.x days) - it's still supported in newer versions but not used much and there's no way to "throttle" it for stuff like this - and Java Script is pretty crude for error handling and such.

I'll add the additional conversation names and action types into the output and put the updated script on a temporary page later today and post the link here - it'll at least get the new conversation names (i.e. broadcast message admin, subscriber system transfer etc...) properly in the output.

The installer account might work ok - it binds to the DOH with a "directory only" filter (meaning it doesn't need mailbox resource information) so it may allow the connection without being logged in as the AVCsMgr service...

ok - I updated the script to work up through Unity 8.0 - all the new conversation names and action types supported by Unity should now be accounted for - I tested it out against 7.x and 8.x installations and it seems to pick up all the new stuff properly - the error handling is a little nicer now, too - for instance it'll kick out the raw conversation name if it encounters one it's not familiar with.

anyway, you can download the updated script off the temporary download page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Temp/

let me know if you run into any trouble with it...

Hi Jeff-

Do you have a version of this Call Handler dump utility for Unity Connection 8.x?  I need to grab all the call handlers, their associated owners, and basic call handler info (greetings, transfer rules, key inputs, etc.) on our system (~1100 call handlers).  Somehow when we upgraded from UC 7.1.3 to 8.0.2 some 2,930 subscribers got assigned the role of 'Greetings Administrator'.  I want to document who the actual call handler owners are...and remove all other subscribers from 'Greetings Admin'.

Thanks, Kraig

Hey Kraig

No, there's no call handler dump report for Connection like that - the owner thing would need to be done differently regardless since it's now a one to many or a one to none relationship (i.e. an owner is not required for a handler in Conneciton like it was for Unity).

I've had on my to-do list to add a handler dump option to the Audio TExt Manager tool for Connection for a while but I don't get many requests for it so work on COBRAS and other tools always floats to the top - I'll circle around on it this weekend and see if I can put a quick and dirty version into ATM that at least kicks out high level info on handlers (owern, recipient, extension, transfer options, greetings active) - it'd be the same raw text output.

I'm considering forcing the output into a giant CSV style (i.e. flat one row per handler) which would be less appealing to look at with the eye but would be easier to filder for specific info such as owner/recipient...

I was looking at CUDLI to do it manually (dump to CSV), but couldn't find an obvious owner column in any of the call handler tables.  I will have to defer you you

Thanks in advace if you are able to get a dump utility going...it would be very useful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: