Copy SSC to a new controller

Answered Question
Aug 16th, 2010

Hello,

Anyone knows how to copy the SSC from AP Policy page from one controller to another?  I have accumulated 134 access points with SSC and I need to copy them to a new controller. Is there an easy way (one time) of doing this?

Correct Answer by dancampb about 6 years 6 months ago

Depending on the version you are running capture the output of either "show running-config" or "show run-config commands" from the controller.  In the output you'll see " auth-list add ssc ".  Copy these entries.

Go to the new controller and type "config" and hit enter.  You're prompt will change to "(Cisco Controller) config>"

Paste in the auth-list entries you copied from the old controller's config.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
dancampb Mon, 08/16/2010 - 09:50

Depending on the version you are running capture the output of either "show running-config" or "show run-config commands" from the controller.  In the output you'll see " auth-list add ssc ".  Copy these entries.

Go to the new controller and type "config" and hit enter.  You're prompt will change to "(Cisco Controller) config>"

Paste in the auth-list entries you copied from the old controller's config.

qlgendrano Mon, 08/16/2010 - 12:12

Thanks! I copied the output of show auth-list, pasted in notepad and added auth-list add ssc to all the entries.

It requires a little time to edit but at least I didn't have to do each entry one by one.

George Stefanick Mon, 02/21/2011 - 15:03

Little hint ... if you do the show run-config [no-ap], will save yourself the trouble of looking through a ton of APs...

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode