cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1841 AUX port connection

bmiller
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 1841 router at a remote site that does not show the user name and password prompt when the modem is connected. Only a flashing cursor.

Using our intranet I can telnet to the router, then telnet thru the AUX port, I can configure the modem and get the proper responses back. I can send text by typing "hi mom" from the router to the modem and I can read and send text back through the modem back to the router.

I just can not get the login prompt to show.

The modem is a Hayes H08-15328c with the init string AT&F0Q1E0S0=1S37=9&K0&D0&W. All init string profiles are set to default before this init string is applied. This init string is the only one we can get the modem to connect on a regular basis. It is right out of Cisco documentation for the Hayes Accura modem.

Hayes has sent 6 strings to try, only one connects, but gives the same results just a flashing cursor.

The cable is an RJ-45 to RJ-45 rolled cable pin 1 is 8 on the other end I have tested the cable. I have the same modem adapter that 20 other working routers use successfully. There config is almost identical.

Has anyone had this problem.

I think I've met my Waterloo here.

Brinis

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Brinis,

I assume that the modem is conected to the AUX port on your 1841 router. Can you please post here the entire configuration of the "line aux 0" on your router? Thank you!

Best regards,

Peter

see file attached

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: