Views
Helpful
Replies

Nokia Call Connect and CUCME 7.1

paveltoleon
Level 1
Level 1

Good day!!!

Does anyone have working configuration of Nokia E71 with Nokia Call Connect 1.1 integrated to CCME 7.1?

As I've understood CUCME is supported with Nokia Call Connect 1.1 only.

Regards,

Pavel

33 Replies 33

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yeah, you can use it with CME> v1.0 emulates a 7960; v1.1 emulates a 7970.

I believe all you need to do is set up an ephone with a single DN and then configure the phone client.

I've used it with various versions of CCM, but not with CME; principles will be the same I guess.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...    

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dear Aaron,

thank you for prompt reply!

Ok, I will try!

Then goes another question. I need to run Nokia Mobile VPN to access my CME and make calls like I would be using Cisco IP Communicator while I'm travelling. Right?

Pavel

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There is no VPN client built into Call Connect, so yes, you would need some form of connectivity to the office. I've only deployed it over WLAN, but subject to all the usual VPN requirements (full two-way routing etc) and restrictions (no QoS over the web/mobile network) there's no reason I can see why it can't work...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks again!

Yes, I realise that I will need certain VPN client and Nokia release Nokia Mobile VPN client. In case you've deployed it I would appreciate to see config.

For my laptop I use standard Cisco VPN Client.

Pavel

Dear Aaron,

I doubts that I'll be able to deploy this integration under CME 7.1 cause Nokia states that CME 4.1 is supported only. See the link please http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-for-business/voice?fid=fragmentCiscoUMC/

Pavel

Thanks for the low rating, glad I took the time to assist you.

Dear Aaron,

sorry it is my first time on this site. I didn't understand what to do, so it was my mistake.

I will ask administrator to correct it.

Pavel

Would you please answer my question?

Hi Pavel

Well - the documentation for this product is not great, but as I understand it versions newer than 1.1 may not be CME compatible as they require the COP file adding to CCM to enable a new device Nokia device type. V1.1 emulates a Cisco phone, so no COP file is required, and therefore it works on CME. This is why the Nokia site (http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-call-connect-for-cisco/compatibility-and-download) has v1.1 and v2.1 available for download.

As it emulates a Cisco phone, it will most likely work fine with newer versions of CME. It would be similar to running a version of CME with older phone firmware - generally it works, but new features probably won't work, and you may get odd functionality differences or failures.

The best way to find out how well this works would be to install the client on a phone and test it yourself - you can download the SIS file, and if your phone has web connectivity you can enable a trial period that lasts for 30 or 60 days (can't remember which). This will give you plenty of time to see whether it works well, and whether it gives you the functionality you need.

Regards

Aaron

Well, thank you once again, Aaron!

In the nearest time will try to make text and revert with latest info.

Do you mind to check the config if I will have some doubts?

Pavel

Yeah, no problem.

Good luck.

Dear Aaron,

I've added E71 as to CME config you've told, but no luck. Seems that phone is not even trying to register!

ephone  15

device-security-mode none

mac-address 0011.2233.4455

max-calls-per-button 3

busy-trigger-per-button 1

type 7970

button  1:15

I use Nokia Call Connect 1.1. Аt first I turn on VPN connection with gateway (just to be sure I make a ping to the ip address that phone automatically receives - it goes well)

Then I go to SCCP Setting to add Access Point and TFTP Server, but status of profile stays "Not registered"

What kind of problem it can be?

Pavel

paveltoleon
Level 1
Level 1

I've managed to fix problem, it was minor problem of E71 setting that I've missed.

Do you know by any chance if Nokia E72 support Nokia Call Connect 1.1.3?

Hi Pavel

Good to hear you have it fixed... I took some leave and missed your earlier question...

Not sure about E72s, I would expect it to work as it's a fairly similar model to the E71 as on the supported list in the release notes, but there's no guarantee. We don't use Nokias any more at our place so it's been some time...

Regards

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: