cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

POE on 6500

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I have 6506 chassis with two sup32 and four WS-X6148-45AF. I'm connecting Avaya IP phone and after connecting so many phones it is now denying power to several port, stating that not enough power available. I go in and disconnect some of the working phones to allocate power and try to statically define 8 watt power to some ports, I now get the syslog error

Interface Fa4/24 is denied power as it requires more power than configured maximum wattage(8000).

If I take this phone and connect to a Cisco 3560 which is also statically define to use only 8 watt, it powers up fine.

What am I doing wrong? Does the blade need to be reset before  6506 takes the static power command. I actually tried using static and auto but no luck.

power inline static max 8000
power inline auto max 8000

Please help

1 Reply 1

rahurao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nawas,

The not enough power availble comes when you do not have enough power aloocated by the power supply. Please issue the show power command and check the same.

The AVAYA ip phone is requires more than 8 watt of power when conected on the module but when it is connected on the 3560 it works on 8 watts as it gets the same from the 3560.

DO you have also configured the commands on the 3560 interface?

power inline static max 8000
power inline auto max 8000

Also can you paste in the show power from both the swithces and show power inline from the 3560?

HTH

RAHUL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card