Views
Helpful
Replies

Make a security profile available to device

davekinsley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!  Newbie question here.

I thought I'd try to get a few IP phones configured to encrypt their media streams.  Seems I needed

to create a security profile that the phones could be configured with.  That seemed to work.  But then when I access the phones' device properties page I can not select the security profile.  In fact, I only seem to be able to see one profile in the drop down list.  So how would I make that newly created security profile available?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The whole procedure is here

Configuring the Cisco CTL Client

Before you configure the Cisco CTL Client, verify  that you activated the Cisco CTL Provider service and the Cisco  Certificate Authority Proxy Function service in Cisco Unified  Serviceability. Obtain at least two security tokens; the Cisco  certificate authority issues these security tokens. The security tokens  must come from Cisco. You will insert the tokens one at a time into the  USB port on the server/workstation. If you do not have a USB port on the  server, you may use a USB PCI card.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Have you enabled the cluster for security using the CTL Client tool and USB tokens?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The whole procedure is here

Configuring the Cisco CTL Client

Before you configure the Cisco CTL Client, verify  that you activated the Cisco CTL Provider service and the Cisco  Certificate Authority Proxy Function service in Cisco Unified  Serviceability. Obtain at least two security tokens; the Cisco  certificate authority issues these security tokens. The security tokens  must come from Cisco. You will insert the tokens one at a time into the  USB port on the server/workstation. If you do not have a USB port on the  server, you may use a USB PCI card.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

How / where do I obtain the aformentioned security tokens?  Search Cisco and google don't provide an answer to that.

Sounds like there's a good bit to it.  Clearly I've got to read up on the process - thanks much for the help!

Hi

The part number for the tokens is : KEY-CCM-ADMIN-K9=

Basically read the docs as posted by Java, but the basics are that you need two of those tokens, and once you have them you download the CTL  Client app from the CallManager CCMAdmin plugins page where you find RTMT and the other client apps.

There are then lots of extra fun steps for phones, gateways, SRST... basically anything that can terminate voice gets more complicated. It's very important to read the PDFs in detail to ensure you have it done properly.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: