Views
Helpful
Replies

Documentation Question

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi CSC,

I've just recently started a new job as a Call Routing Engineer.  This is a 7.2 UCCE environment that handles 100's of thousands of calls daily.  I come from a IPCC Express environment so needless to say - I'm drinking from the proverbial fire hose.

What I'm looking for - from seasoned UCCE engineers - is the best documentation path for a newbie.  I've printed out the 7.5 UCCE SRND.  Where are Cliff Notes when you need them?!!!!  : )

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the day when I can contribute to the group.

Amir Safayan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I strongly recommend the Product training course followed by the Admin training course. There is a lot to understand with UCCE and a 2 week course would immerse you in it and give you that base knowledge which you can build on.

In my opinion, the SRND is written for the experienced reader. Some of the other Cisco docs can be more helpful - like the Pre Installation Guide which explains what each component does.

But honestly, the Admin training is what you really need.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I strongly recommend the Product training course followed by the Admin training course. There is a lot to understand with UCCE and a 2 week course would immerse you in it and give you that base knowledge which you can build on.

In my opinion, the SRND is written for the experienced reader. Some of the other Cisco docs can be more helpful - like the Pre Installation Guide which explains what each component does.

But honestly, the Admin training is what you really need.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff.  Always helpful comments from you! I'm good friends with Steve Dickey.  He worked with you at Hilti in Tulsa.

Amir, thank you. Say hello to Steve for me. The folks at Hilti remember him fondly.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: