cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error trying to install ICM 8.0 - "FAILED TO GET SQL SERVER VERSION."

Zapparoli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, i tried to install ICM 8.0 but when i click on Setup.exe appears this error:

"FAILED TO GET SQL SERVER VERSION. MAKE SURE SQL SERVER INSTALLED PROPERLLY
NO INSTANCE NAME FOUND.NO SCHEMA UPGRADES ATTEMPTED"

I try to check the SQL COnfiguration, about Named Pipes, but everything is allright. Someone knows what is it?

Thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You should be able to see the ICMSetup.log file somewhere - check TEMP. It seems to me that this is the first thing it does - tries to connect to the SQL database and ask for the version. Clearly it cannot. I assume you installed SQL OK, probably have the service running under a domain user created especially for the task, or the domain admin, and you are also logged in as the domain admin, and that SQL is running.

Check that log file for clues.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You should be able to see the ICMSetup.log file somewhere - check TEMP. It seems to me that this is the first thing it does - tries to connect to the SQL database and ask for the version. Clearly it cannot. I assume you installed SQL OK, probably have the service running under a domain user created especially for the task, or the domain admin, and you are also logged in as the domain admin, and that SQL is running.

Check that log file for clues.

Regards,

Geoff

I found the problem, it was SQL Server bad Setup.

It was installed incorrectly. I installed again with the default model to ICM.

Thanks..

Muhammad Raza
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Have you installed correct version of SQL 2005 with SP3?

Regards,

Muhammad Amir Raza

Yes. But the problem was in installation, i forgot some configuration, but when i changed this, everything flows correctly.

Hi Eric,

I get the same Error message, I tried a lot by re-installing & could not find any issues with the SQL Server. Can you please share me your findings for the issue u faced ?

Thanks,

Kumar.V

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: