Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT pool using different subnet than interface address

sidcracker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have a Cisco ASA wherein I have configured 5 interfaces consisting of inside, outside, dmz1, dmz2 and vpn. When we are natting interfaces from the internal networks to outside, can we use a subnet that is different from the interface subnet? For example the outside interface address is 192.168.10.1/24, can we use nat pool with another subnet such as 172.16.10.0/24? My understanding would be to add routes to allow traffic to use the subnet.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sidcracker wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have a Cisco ASA wherein I have configured 5 interfaces consisting of inside, outside, dmz1, dmz2 and vpn. When we are natting interfaces from the internal networks to outside, can we use a subnet that is different from the interface subnet? For example the outside interface address is 192.168.10.1/24, can we use nat pool with another subnet such as 172.16.10.0/24? My understanding would be to add routes to allow traffic to use the subnet.

Thanks

Yes, you can use any subnet you want as long as that subnet is routed back to the outside interface of your ASA.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sidcracker wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks

Yes, you can use any subnet you want as long as that subnet is routed back to the outside interface of your ASA.

Jon

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brenda,

See Jon's answer above your post. He answered the previous poster that this can be done.

-Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card