Simple 1841 Config

Unanswered Question
Aug 16th, 2010

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

Hey guys,

I'm hoping that you might be able to help me out, our network/systems admin has just started a long holiday, however he forgot to setup the new cisco1841 for our new, I think its called a, TBB Business Ethernet Metro Link. Basically its 10Mb async ADSL connection that runs through 4 copper pairs into a NTU.

Now I have very small knowledge of Cisco and its IOS, I have been able to get into the unit and should be fine to get the running config...

However, what I need help on is how to setup the unit..

Basically I have the following info:-

Gateway IP:                     120.xxx.xxx.9

Customer WAN IP:            120.xxx.xxx.10

Customer WAN IP mask:   255.255.255.252

They provider also said that we would need to run a 9.8Mb shaping rule to get the maximum performance from the connection.

The Cisco 1841, is the standard device, with the 2 standard interface ports, as supposedly the NTU does the authentication??

He basically just said that set one interface as the external info and the other as and internal IP and make sure that the 9.8Mb shaping rule is setup.

Any help would be awesome, we just really need to get the connection up for testing purposes and the network admin can do the final tweaks when he gets back into 4-5weeks

Cheers

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Giuseppe Larosa Tue, 08/17/2010 - 04:09

Hello Michael,

>> when he gets back into 4-5weeks

How a long holiday!

simple shaper

policy-map shape-all

class class-default

shape average 9800000