LMS 3.2 Rmon problem

Unanswered Question
Aug 17th, 2010

Hi ,

i have a problem in RMON configuration in LMS 3.2, when i go to CM-> visualization-> rmon configuration and try to configure a device for monitoring

it gives me the following error:

operation comlicated with error, error occured while setting RMON paramaters on port gi0/1

cause:timeout occured while performing snmp operaiton on device:

action : 1- device is reachable using ping

2- verify DCR is configured with correct snmp credentials for the device.

3- increase snmp timeout and retires vlaues.

i double checked the credentials , tuned the timeout by decreasing and increasing.  This devices is the a 7206VXR router connected to the lan.

i have read from a document that i have to enable rmon on the interface, but although i have adv ipservises IOS the "rmon" command under

interface mode is not supported.

Please anyone have any idea how to fix this or do i have to do something on the router?

Regards and Thank you,

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Fri, 08/20/2010 - 22:07

The RMON feature is only for switches.  You need a device which supports the mini-RMON suite (specifically RMON history).

gaboughanem Sat, 08/21/2010 - 03:53

Hi Jo,

Thank you for your reply.

If not mistaken, according to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_ciscoview/6.1.9/user/userguide/ug_app.html

Mini-RMON can support ISR 1800/2800 routers and not only switches.

Although i have a 7206 router at the customer's HO (serial connection)  connected to many branches, i need to monitor the utilization, bandwidth, ....

of that interface. As i read that RMON only support ethernet type, please can you recommend what other cisco product that i can use.

Joe Clarke Sat, 08/21/2010 - 13:08

You really want the Health and Utilization Monitor add-on for LMS to do this.  HUM will allow you to create a poller to watch interface utilization, then you can graph and report on the utilization.

This Discussion