Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Rmon problem

gaboughanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

i have a problem in RMON configuration in LMS 3.2, when i go to CM-> visualization-> rmon configuration and try to configure a device for monitoring

it gives me the following error:

operation comlicated with error, error occured while setting RMON paramaters on port gi0/1

cause:timeout occured while performing snmp operaiton on device:10.0.0.4

action : 1- device is reachable using ping

2- verify DCR is configured with correct snmp credentials for the device.

3- increase snmp timeout and retires vlaues.

i double checked the credentials , tuned the timeout by decreasing and increasing.  This devices 10.0.0.4 is the a 7206VXR router connected to the lan.

i have read from a document that i have to enable rmon on the interface, but although i have adv ipservises IOS the "rmon" command under

interface mode is not supported.

Please anyone have any idea how to fix this or do i have to do something on the router?

Regards and Thank you,

George

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The RMON feature is only for switches.  You need a device which supports the mini-RMON suite (specifically RMON history).

Hi Jo,

Thank you for your reply.

If not mistaken, according to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_ciscoview/6.1.9/user/userguide/ug_app.html

Mini-RMON can support ISR 1800/2800 routers and not only switches.

Although i have a 7206 router at the customer's HO (serial connection)  connected to many branches, i need to monitor the utilization, bandwidth, ....

of that interface. As i read that RMON only support ethernet type, please can you recommend what other cisco product that i can use.

Regards,

George

You really want the Health and Utilization Monitor add-on for LMS to do this.  HUM will allow you to create a poller to watch interface utilization, then you can graph and report on the utilization.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: