LMS 3.2 with DFM 3.2 unknown device

gaboughanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

i have a problem with DFM 3.2 , where it shows unknown devices:

1- Cisco Catalyst 3560V2-24PS Switch(WS-C3560V2-24PS) 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1021

2- Cisco Catalyst 2960-48PST-L Switch (WS-C2960-48PST-L) 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1016

it is showing as supported in cisco site: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/device_support/table/lms32sdt.html#3.2table

i have tried to install a patch for DFM : DFMSharedUpdates.DFM31.v1-0 and the latest DFMSharedUpdates.DFM31.v10-0 but LMS is saying no iupdate available in source location for the selected product.

i have this problem also in CM but i have updated to 5.2.1 and all unsupported devices became supported, but i cannot make it work in DFM.

There any thing i should do more.

Regards  and Thanks,

George

8 Replies 8

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply, i have tried to update the patch for DFM  DFMSharedUpdates.DFM31.v1-0, it successeded although LMS showed that it fails saying "no update available in source location for the selected product", i can see that it has been patched in the log activity. But when i installed

DFMSharedUpdates.DFM31.v10-0, it pop up the same error but this time no logs(if the update is failed ot not).

the unknown devices are still unknown.

please i need your help in this issue, i did not know which logs you might need to post it.

Regards,

George

Hi,

Have you tried the following?

Please, delete and re-add that device in DFM:

Go to DFM > Device Management > Device Selector

Uncheck the Synchronize with Device Credential Repository option and click on OK.

Go to DFM > Device Management > Rediscover/Delete and the delete button is
going to be enabled now.

Delete the devices that you want.

The devices will be sent to the All Pending Devices category and should be deleted in
a couple of seconds.

Go to DFM > Device Management > Device Selector and  check the Synchronize with Device
Credential Repository option and click on Ok.

Wait for a couple of minutes and the synchronization is going to occur and the device
will be add it again to DFM or check in  DFM > Device Management > Device Selector
if the device appears in Devices not in Device Fault Manager and please add it again

Thanks,

Nick

thefish99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a simmiliar problem. add once i unzip the packages and run the command from the cli i get:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>PSUCli -p dfm -i -src DFMDeviceUpdates -all
No package(s) found in DFMDeviceUpdates

I have named the directory where i unzipped the files to DFMDeviceUpdates

Any idees why it ios not working?

Thank You

Neil

Hi Neil,

Don't unzip the files or directories leave it as it is when importing the files for update. LMS will unzip it by itself.

Regards,

George

thefish99
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you George.

Ran it as suggested, and now get the following error. You perhaps seen this before?

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>PSUCli -p dfm -i -src C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin DFMDevi
ceUpdates.DFM320.V19-0.ZIP
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DFMDeviceUpdates/com/
cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/DFMDeviceUpdates/PkgDescr (wrong name: com/cisco/nm/xms/ps
u/pkgs/DFMDeviceUpdates/PkgDescr)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:465)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.util.loader.PsuClassLoader.loadClassFromStream(P
suClassLoader.java:123)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.util.loader.PsuClassLoader.loadClassFromZip(PsuC
lassLoader.java:137)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.util.loader.PsuClassLoader.myLoadClass(PsuClassL
oader.java:214)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.util.loader.PsuClassLoader.loadClass(PsuClassLoa
der.java:245)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.util.PackageUtils.loadHeaderClass(PackageUtils.j
ava:558)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.util.PackageUtils.createPackageFromZip(PackageUt
ils.java:167)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.repository.AbstractRepository.create
Pkg(AbstractRepository.java:58)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.repository.AbstractRepository.update
List(AbstractRepository.java:239)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.repository.AbstractRepository.sync(A
bstractRepository.java:209)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.repository.AbstractRepository.getAll
Packages(AbstractRepository.java:70)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.ui.cli.PSUCli.install(PSUCli.java:102)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.ui.cli.PSUCli.(PSUCli.java:1590)
        at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.ui.cli.PSUCli.main(PSUCli.java:1543)

Instead of 'PSUCli -p dfm -i -src C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin DFMDeviceUpdates.DFM320.V19-0.ZIP' try 'PSUCli -p dfm -i -src DFMDeviceUpdates.DFM320.V19-0.ZIP' instead.

Thanks.

Thank You that worked.

The patch has loaded successfully, but the Cisco Catalyst 3560V2-24TS Switch are still unknown.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: