cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402 and 1231 - SSID not broadcasting

cowetacoit
Level 1
Level 1

We have a WLC 4402 running 7.0.98.0 with several 1131s, 1300s, and 1 1231. Since i upgraded from 6 ro 7.0.98.0 the SSIDs aren't broadcasting on the 1231. I have an AP Group with two WLANS and the AP joined to it but the SSIDs aren't broadcasting. Any suggestions?

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What switch is the 1230 connected to?  How is it powered, PoE, Injector or power brick/adaptor?

2960 and external power. the AP is joined and talking to the WLC just not broadcasting the 2 configured SSIDs in the AP Group. This only happened after the upgrade.

sorry to bump...any suggestions?

Dunno.  Never seen this before.  If you take the APs out of the AP Group what happens?  Maybe all you need to do is to "rip" out the AP Groups and create them again.

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

I assume your clients are still connecting? Have you set the correct WLAN-id?

Also, from what I recall the default group, handles up to 16 broadcasts SSID.

What happens if you enter: config network broadcast enable ?

mexline1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Al I was able to reply this issue, I have the next scenario:

1 WLC 4402 fw ver 7.0.98.0 for 50 ap's that are managing just 23 aironet 1242,  22 of the 23 ap's are connected to a Catalyst 3560 however the ap' that is alone is connected by a power injector to another sw vendor. This ap is not able to enable the interface dot11 0 corresponding to the 802.11 b/g radio event when i configured the ap to support a power injector with the mac address of the switch port that is connected.

I think it could be a firmware issue if  it worked with the older fimrware version of the wlc

Did it work properly with the older firmware version?

i forgot to add al the Catalyst switches have POE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: