Views
Helpful
Replies

GUI Problem

nir.fisher
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have 4 ace appliances (2 active and 2 hot standby) on different parts of a network. I manage all from a single management segment usually

by SSH but for simple tasks I like the GUI .

my problem is that about once a month I cant seem to manage any of them using the GUI, I use HTTPS to browse to the ACE appliance and get the

Login screen , I put in my username and password and everything seems to be fine but instead of getting into the ACE I get a blank page and a message in the bottom left that says "done" so basically I dont have anything ellse to expect for...

I tried using a different browser ,different rsa sig , different Java , different computer nothing works.

The only way I could get it to work again was by rebooting but then again after a month or so the problem persists .

I could really use your help because I relly both on the CLI and the GUI to manage the appliance and rebooting every month all 4 of them on

a production network is out of the question.

thank you very much

10 Replies 10

EPHRAIM MANI
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Nir,

Please provide the software versions.

Thanks,

hi,

the version is attached in text file

by the way I have another question , when I clear stats in the CLI it doesnt effect the stats that appear in the monitor tab displayed in the GUI

I couldnt find a way to clear stats in the GUI , only in the CLI .

much thanks for your response

Hi Nir

this is a known bug CSCth77963

It was first fixed in A2(2.2)

You can see it in bug toolkit at:

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/3dFB0

Regards

Thanks Litrenta, for the information

Thanks for the reply

I have a newer version than the one claimed to have fixed this bug

I use Version A3(2.1)

Do I still need to upgrade? (or maby downgrade?)

Hi Nir, what is the version you are usint righ now ?.. you need to use A2(2.2) and above

I use A3(2.1)

Nir

first fixed in A3(2.2) upgeade will resolve it.

Thanks

I guess I will have to buy the new IOS and try...

thank you for all the efforts

Correction

A3(2.2)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: