Views
Helpful
Replies

GUI Problem

nir.fisher
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have 4 ace appliances (2 active and 2 hot standby) on different parts of a network. I manage all from a single management segment usually

by SSH but for simple tasks I like the GUI .

my problem is that about once a month I cant seem to manage any of them using the GUI, I use HTTPS to browse to the ACE appliance and get the

Login screen , I put in my username and password and everything seems to be fine but instead of getting into the ACE I get a blank page and a message in the bottom left that says "done" so basically I dont have anything ellse to expect for...

I tried using a different browser ,different rsa sig , different Java , different computer nothing works.

The only way I could get it to work again was by rebooting but then again after a month or so the problem persists .

I could really use your help because I relly both on the CLI and the GUI to manage the appliance and rebooting every month all 4 of them on

a production network is out of the question.

thank you very much

10 Replies 10

EPHRAIM MANI
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Nir,

Please provide the software versions.

Thanks,

hi,

the version is attached in text file

by the way I have another question , when I clear stats in the CLI it doesnt effect the stats that appear in the monitor tab displayed in the GUI

I couldnt find a way to clear stats in the GUI , only in the CLI .

much thanks for your response

Hi Nir

this is a known bug CSCth77963

It was first fixed in A2(2.2)

You can see it in bug toolkit at:

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/3dFB0

Regards

Thanks Litrenta, for the information

Thanks for the reply

I have a newer version than the one claimed to have fixed this bug

I use Version A3(2.1)

Do I still need to upgrade? (or maby downgrade?)

Hi Nir, what is the version you are usint righ now ?.. you need to use A2(2.2) and above

I use A3(2.1)

Nir

first fixed in A3(2.2) upgeade will resolve it.

Thanks

I guess I will have to buy the new IOS and try...

thank you for all the efforts

Correction

A3(2.2)