cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating Archives from one VSMS to another?

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys.

Do any of you have experience moving archives from one VSMS server to another? A client is getting a new 2RU server and wanted to see what it will take to move 12 feeds over from his 1RU VSOM/VSMS server to the new one. Is it as simple as changing the media server in the camera feeds?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pinke
Level 1
Level 1

I have always left the old server/archives sitting idle next to the new server until they are no longer needed by the client (which is 90 days in my case). After the new server has started looping the new archives I will pull the old server out and move it to a new location. Camera feeds and archives will need to be recreated on the new server especially if there is a version change.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pinke
Level 1
Level 1

I have always left the old server/archives sitting idle next to the new server until they are no longer needed by the client (which is 90 days in my case). After the new server has started looping the new archives I will pull the old server out and move it to a new location. Camera feeds and archives will need to be recreated on the new server especially if there is a version change.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I was hoping you could change the server in the camera feeds section. Looks like the only change you can do there is the bitrate. Thanks for confirming.

BTW you dont know a good tool to calculate frame rate from the bitrate do you?