cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity GSM - selected destination system can not access this subscribers mailbox store

When using GSM to move account from a 4.04 to 4.05 server we receive the following error

The selected destination system can not access this subscribers mailbox store.

This only applies to subscribers using message stores on a particular server though we have existing users on the destination server that use this message store without any issues. We can migrate users between these unity systems that are not using this message store.

Have run the permissions wizard successfully and all associated accounts are local admins on that server.

When running 'check message store access'  from the  Message Store Manager utility this message store is not displayed in the list of message stores.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

I might suggest that you attempt attempt to add a new AD user and mailbox into the mailstore you cannot access. Then attempt

to import the subscriber onto the new Unity server.

Does this work or is there an issue?

This could be an issue with the mailstore not showing in the Mailstore table on the Unity you are attempting to move the mailbox to.

You could do a GC/DC resyn using the DCGC Reconnect Settings tool found in Tools Depot under Administration Tools. This may pull in a mailstore that is currently not present in the table.

Also I suggest that you download the latest GSM if you have not already:

http://ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/GSM/GSM.html

Also here you can review the help file to make sure that all requirements have been meet to be able to move an account found under section:

Special Requirements for Moving or Deleting Subscribers

Thanks,

Scott

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

I might suggest that you attempt attempt to add a new AD user and mailbox into the mailstore you cannot access. Then attempt

to import the subscriber onto the new Unity server.

Does this work or is there an issue?

This could be an issue with the mailstore not showing in the Mailstore table on the Unity you are attempting to move the mailbox to.

You could do a GC/DC resyn using the DCGC Reconnect Settings tool found in Tools Depot under Administration Tools. This may pull in a mailstore that is currently not present in the table.

Also I suggest that you download the latest GSM if you have not already:

http://ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/GSM/GSM.html

Also here you can review the help file to make sure that all requirements have been meet to be able to move an account found under section:

Special Requirements for Moving or Deleting Subscribers

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I had done all that but your post inspired me to download the latest version of the DCGC. Now the catalog server has changed from something like ROOTDSE to using an actual server name. Looks to have resolved the problem.

thanks for your assistance,

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: