CME with after hours settup provokes outside calls forward problem

asentchernaev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I made after hours set as follows:

telephony-service
after-hours block pattern 1 0.T 7-24

and after that allowed all the phones instead the phoens I really want  to deny outgoing calls with the command:

after-hours exempt   #per every allowed phones

and this worked fine, but today I found that this settup provokes the following problem:

some of my colleagues in vocation has forwarded their offices phones to their mobile phones because they want to be connected with their clients looking for them on their office phones. This forwards still works when I try to call the appropriate office phone from other office phone, but stops work when I try to call them from outside.

I saw the call enter the CME router  through ISDN line, but nothing happens after that - the phone doesn't forward the call to the appropriate GSM number to outside and there is no any signal to the caller. The result is nor the office phone ring, nor it forward the call, and the caller hasn't any signal.

When I return the previous situation with:.

telephony-service
no after-hours block pattern 1 0.T 7-24

all start to work again as before "after hours" settup and the phones with fowarding start to forward to the appropriate GSM numbers when they receive calls either  from outside or local phones .

It's important to us to allow forwards and after hours settup in the same time. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try placing the "after-hours block" under ephone-template, not telephony-service.

For whatever reason, blocks in telephony-service, cannot be overriden.

Note: you do not need to specify .T a simple leading 0 is enough.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

After-hours correctly blocks there forwards, that is what is designed for.

Otherwise, it would be very easy for anybody to walk to a phone, set CFA to an exotic destination, and get free calling for anybody outside.

If you want to block calling to everywhere except certain predefined destinations, you need a COR configuration with specialized DPs for said destinations.

Since it is an advanced configuration I recommend you engage a very reputable consultant or certified Cisco partner to set it up.

Thank you for the answer. I have additional question - because the pointed office phones are made to be exempt from the after hours rule (with the statement "after-hour exempt"), why they are still afected for forwarding?

As I read on http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeblock.html#wp1021929 they shouldn't be affected:

SCCP: Configuring Call Blocking Exemption for an Individual Phone

To exempt all directory numbers associated with an individual SCCP phone  from the Call Blocking configuration, follow the steps in this section.

Restrictions

Call Blocking override is supported only on phones that support soft-key display.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. ephone phone-tag

4. after-hour exempt

5. pin pin-number

6. end

Try placing the "after-hours block" under ephone-template, not telephony-service.

For whatever reason, blocks in telephony-service, cannot be overriden.

Note: you do not need to specify .T a simple leading 0 is enough.

Thanks a lot, it's working in this way with ephone-template for SCCP phones. BUT - the problem partially still exists, because one of the phones which have to be rejected from outside calls is SIP phone 3911 series and for sip phones there is no after-hours command under "voice regiser template". Is thtere some additional trick to work around this too??

Not sure.

I always avoid SIP phones due to issues like that and many more. As you can see the SIP and SCCP parts are not really integrated.

On CME, it's better to buy a refurbished 7940 that any SIP phone of any kind.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: