Problems with mjpeg image from WVC200

Unanswered Question
Aug 18th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi,

Please help.  I have a Linksys WVC200 camera.  I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version V1.2.2.

I am trying to access the MJPEG image stream from my surveillence software.  I use the link (amoungst others)

http://ip_address/img/video.mjpeg.

But the image appears corrupted.  It seems to insert extra "stuff" into the video stream.

Using wget I have a file accessable from the net with at  http://intranet.egc.wa.edu.au/downloads/video.mjpeg

If you play it with VLC you will see what I mean.

Irritatingly it seems ok when I use the view video link on the device web page with Firefox.  Whether this is

Firefox playing nice, or whatever, I have not idea.

I have even dug through the file using JPEGsnoop, but do not know enough about it, to know what is going on.

However .. the latest rev of the firmware seemed to get rid of the errors in red in JPEGsnoop.  But no improvement

in the image..

Please help.

TIA
Peter

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
asarutan Fri, 08/20/2010 - 17:10
User Badges:

The WVC200 doesn't support multicast, it won't be possible to stream to a VLC player.

Alan.

peter.de.groot@... Wed, 08/25/2010 - 23:09
User Badges:

Tx for the reply.

Sorry I am a bit confused.  I am not sure what role multicasting has to do with the problem.

I Wikipediaed for a description of multicasting to try and understand but am still non the wiser :-(

Using wget I managed to get a couple of megs of mjpeg into a file. THis is the one I mentioned

in my first post.

If you download this and play it in VLC you will see what sort of corruption I am getting.

But, if you connect to the camera in firefox and then then click on the view icon the picture seems ok.

asarutan Thu, 08/26/2010 - 10:26
User Badges:

Peter,

The WVC200 does not claim VLC support so it may or may not work. However the camera that replaced it has this feature, the WVC210.

Alan.

peter.de.groot@... Thu, 08/26/2010 - 20:06
User Badges:

Tx for that.

However .. I am not fixated with VLC.  I am trying to get this camera working with

my surveillence software.

I have done a bit of googling and it appears that others are experiencing similar

problems.

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=18383

Using JPEGSnoop, I have extracted an image from the mpjeg stream and attached it

to this reply. 

I am forced to conclude that the camera is supplying a corrupted mjpeg stream.

This is a bit suprising for a company like Cisco.  After all this is just a vanilla

mjpeg

Frankly ... I do not feel that I should have to spend money for a new camera,

for something like this.  And if I do,  then it will not be a Linksys one.

Peter

asarutan Fri, 08/27/2010 - 08:29
User Badges:

Peter, The WVC200 only supports Server Push method MJPEG streaming so to stream MJPEG on WVC200 is by some browsers or our utility only.

Alan.

Actions

This Discussion