Views
Helpful
Replies

Max wireless user limit on Cisco 877W router

mudassar.khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am using Cisco 877W to provide wired and wireless conectivity to my users. We are having issues with the router refusing wireless connections after a certain number (most likely technical restraints), because the physical infrastructure is fine e.g. correct SSID passcode and separate frequency channel from anything else in the surrounding area.

If I disconnect one user using wireless, I can then connect another. Any idea about this issue?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Mudassar

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post the output for the command "sh run ssid "?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I just for more information I have found on the Cisco documentation that 877W has "configurable limit for wireless clients" so I have increased the "max-associations" limit from 10 to 25. (You can see in the following configuration as requested).

I am troubleshooting this router remotely and they don't have enough clients to test if any difference after this change.

What do you think does it help or I have make any other changes in addition to this?

Many thanks,

Mudassar

===========================

sh run ssid V1K1NG
Building configuration...

Current configuration:
dot11 ssid V1K1NG
   vlan 1
   max-associations 25
   authentication open
   authentication key-management wpa
   guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 0 h3r5h4mB0y5
end
============================

max-associations 25

That's your culprit.

Many thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Mudassar

I have no idea what you are trying to do nor do I have idea what your network is like, however, I would just like to let you know that an 870 router can push approximately 12.80 Mbps of un-encrypted data.  If you have around 25 users associated to the wireless LAN then the bottle-neck to your WLAN will be your router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: