Views
Helpful
Replies

Max wireless user limit on Cisco 877W router

mudassar.khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am using Cisco 877W to provide wired and wireless conectivity to my users. We are having issues with the router refusing wireless connections after a certain number (most likely technical restraints), because the physical infrastructure is fine e.g. correct SSID passcode and separate frequency channel from anything else in the surrounding area.

If I disconnect one user using wireless, I can then connect another. Any idea about this issue?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Mudassar

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post the output for the command "sh run ssid "?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I just for more information I have found on the Cisco documentation that 877W has "configurable limit for wireless clients" so I have increased the "max-associations" limit from 10 to 25. (You can see in the following configuration as requested).

I am troubleshooting this router remotely and they don't have enough clients to test if any difference after this change.

What do you think does it help or I have make any other changes in addition to this?

Many thanks,

Mudassar

===========================

sh run ssid V1K1NG
Building configuration...

Current configuration:
dot11 ssid V1K1NG
   vlan 1
   max-associations 25
   authentication open
   authentication key-management wpa
   guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 0 h3r5h4mB0y5
end
============================

max-associations 25

That's your culprit.

Many thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Mudassar

I have no idea what you are trying to do nor do I have idea what your network is like, however, I would just like to let you know that an 870 router can push approximately 12.80 Mbps of un-encrypted data.  If you have around 25 users associated to the wireless LAN then the bottle-neck to your WLAN will be your router.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card