cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not make Outgoing Calls using 7911 IP phones..

Hello,

I have 2821 Communication manager express with 6 Nos. 7942G IP Phones & 10 Nos. 7911 IP Phones in network.

Everything working fine.  But, Once every 2 months, i am getting problem with couple of 7911 IP Phones that it can receive incoming calls, But CAN NOT MAKE OUTGOING CALLS.

In order to resolve this problem, I am creating new ephone-dn directory number and assinging same ephone-dn to specified ephone number.  & removing old ephone-dn directory number for same.  Then those particular 7911 IP Phones can make outgoing calls.

and i have to reset those IP PHones & have to reconfigure it.

Is there any specific solution or troubleshooting for this kind of problem???

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update IOS and phone firmware.

The user that use 7911 phone's can hear any error message?

The user that use 7911 phone's can hear any error message?

No because that's a typical memory depletion software failure.

Upgrading phone firmware fixes it as I have indicated above.

By "memory depletion" do you mean a memory leak in IOS?

More likely in the phone.

But since one has to work on the issue anyway, that's a good occasion to update to latest stable code anyway.

Stable according to who?  TAC?  Hahahahaha

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It could be that a DN is getting stuck in a bad state.  When the issue occurs, you can verify that with this output during the issue:

sh voice call sum

sh telephony-service dial-peer

If the associated port for the DN is stuck in something like S_OPEN_PEND, something is causing the DN's state machine to not progress.

High CPU can cause call rejection, too.  You may also want to get 'debug voip ccapi inout' during a call failure and see what that yields.

EDIT: I just read that inbound calls still work to these phones.  I don't suspect something with the DN, then.  Get 'debug voip ccapi inout' during a call failure and we can see what the issue is.

Message was edited by: Steven Holl