cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPM 2.1 8961 and 9951 phones not orderable?

Max Schmid
Level 1
Level 1

I have a starnge problem with my CUPM 2.1 installation (Upgrade 1.3.1 -> 2.0 -> 2.1) and a CUCM 7.1(3) cluster. I added the new phones, 6961, 8961, 9951 and 9971 to the Subscriber Role Configuration. I have a Sevice Area for SCCP and for SIP phones. The 6961 shows up in the SCCP SA order options but in the SIP SA order options, only the 9971 is available. Does anyone know why the Cisco 8961 and 9951 phones are not showing up in the list of orderable phone devices?

2 Replies 2

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Max,

I have been looking into this issue after seeing your post yesterday.  I have been unable to find an answer.  I would recommend opening a TAC case so that we can investigate further.

Let me know when you get it open in a private message and I will see if I can grab it and work with you.

--Matt

Max Schmid
Level 1
Level 1

The problem seems to be found.

CUPM 2.1 only supports the 8961 and 9951 phones when the Call Processor (Communications Manager) is at least version 8.0(1) or higher. Up to 7.1(5) only the 9971 seems to be supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: