Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration of CME with call manager

Naisamuddin pk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new in IP Telephony field.I need to integrate a cme with new call manager,The cme having UCCX and VG224.

I read documents and it is showing so many methods like SIP,H.323 etc.So please suggest me step-by-step procedure to complete this task.

I am using call manager 7.0

Thanks in Advance

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Exactly because you are new, I recommend you engage a reputable consultant or certified cisco partner for the job.

The alternative is that you study the matter, make many attempts, spend a lot of time and cause disservice to users.

Naisamuddin pk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I  have some knowledge on call manager and cme,Because i am handling call manager that is controlling 125 locations ip phone.Also my one  old branch containing cme, i need to integrate this cme with call manager,if you don't mind please help me

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

High level steps are:

In CUCM add CME as an H323 GW and configure necessary routing.

In CME configure necessary VoIP dial-peers pointing to CUCM.

That's really it

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java, you buy MGCP haterade by the pallet at Costco, don't you?

(Although I do recognize how much easier an H.323 integration would be in this case than rebuilding EVERYTHING from scratch with MGCP)

In all the time I've been working on this I haven't run into one deployment using MGCP for this. I have never considered MGCP as a valid option for this scenario. Also, as mentioned in the link:

Direct MGCP integration between Cisco Unified CME  IP phones and Cisco Unified CallManager is not supported. Although this  does not preclude the concurrent operation of MGCP (used for the PSTN  gateway ports) and H.323-with-Cisco Unified CME on the same Cisco IOS  voice router, we do not recommend this configuration. Using MGCP with Cisco Unified CallManager to  control the PSTN voice ports on a Cisco Unified CME system would force  PSTN traffic originated by the Cisco Unified CME IP phones to route  through the Cisco Unified CallManager to reach the PSTN. In most cases,  this would be inefficient because it would result in the Cisco Unified  CME-to-PSTN voice traffic traversing the Cisco Unified CME-to-Cisco  Unified CallManager WAN link twice.

If you look at the SRND 8.X the new section of CME/CUCM integration has absolutely no mention of MGCP and only provides H323 or SIP as options, being H323 the one that offers the highest interoperability.

Personally, I do prefer H323 since it's more powerful and can do a lot more than MGCP.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I agree with your answer, I'm just giving you a hard time.

If there were multiple CMEs being integrated into a full-blown CUCM environment (rather than the single system the original poster mentioned) I would suggest converting the CMEs to remote sites hanging off the CUCM rather than simply integrating the dial plans of the disparate boxes.  Having a boatload of CMEs in your environment would be an administrative nightmare compared to consolidating into one CUCM cluster (imho).

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Can you please try

Integrating Cisco Unified CallManager Express with Cisco Unified Call Manager

http://www9.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/intcmecm.html#wp1072339

Cheers!

Rob

Hi There,

hope below steps helps. It worked for me.

The configuration for the CME dial-peer is as follows:

dial-peer voice 1234 voip
preference 1
destination-pattern 1...
session target ipv4:192.168.255.1
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad

Bind the H323 interface as appropriate; best practice dictates that this should be a loopback interface.

interface Loopback0
ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.255
h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 172.16.1.1

Verify on the CME side, the dial-peer is configured.

CME#show dial-peer voice summary
dial-peer hunt 0
AD                                    PRE PASS                OUT
TAG    TYPE  MIN  OPER PREFIX    DEST-PATTERN      FER THRU SESS-TARGET    STAT PORT
1234   voip  up   up             1...               1  syst ipv4:192.168.255.1

Now, make a call from CME to CUCM, with the debug "debug voip ccapi inout" enabled.

Feb 23 11:32:39.067: //-1/8287825D80D0/CCAPI/cc_api_call_setup_ind_common:
Interface=0x4863C5E8, Call Info(
Calling Number=7001,(Calling Name=)(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown, Screening=Not Screened, Presentation=Allowed),
Called Number=(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown),
Calling Translated=FALSE, Subscriber Type Str=RegularLine, FinalDestinationFlag=FALSE,
Incoming Dial-peer=20001, Progress Indication=ORIGINATING SIDE IS NON ISDN(3), Calling IE Present=TRUE,
Source Trkgrp Route Label=, Target Trkgrp Route Label=, CLID Transparent=FALSE), Call Id=-1
Feb 23 11:32:39.723: //43/8287825D80D0/CCAPI/ccCallSetupRequest:
Destination Pattern=1..., Called Number=1015, Digit Strip=FALSE
Feb 23 11:32:39.723: //43/8287825D80D0/CCAPI/ccIFCallSetupRequestPrivate:
Interface=0x4744C394, Interface Type=1, Destination=, Mode=0x0,
Call Params(Calling Number=7001,(Calling Name=Fred )(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown, Screening=Not Screened, Presentation=Allowed),
Called Number=1015(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown), Calling Translated=FALSE,
Subscriber Type Str=RegularLine, FinalDestinationFlag=FALSE, Outgoing Dial-peer=1234, Call Count On=FALSE,
Source Trkgrp Route Label=, Target Trkgrp Route Label=, tg_label_flag=0, Application Call Id=)

Once the call is established, you can verify that the call is enabled, and observe codec selection.

CME#show voice call status
CallID     CID  ccVdb      Port             DSP/Ch  Called #   Codec    Dial-peers
0x2F       12C4 0x4863C5E8 50/0/1.0                 1015       g711ulaw  20001/1234

Cheers,

Akhi

Hi Akhilesh Sing,

thx for the configure, it worked for me as well.

Ganesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: