cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

64-bit CTIOS Desktop

d.freedman
Level 1
Level 1

What is the earliest version of the CTIOS desktop that is Windows 7 64-bit enabled?

14 Replies 14

I don't think there is a version which is 64 bit enabled, but you can install any 32 bit application on a 64 bit OS.  That being said I can't remember the exact version number, but I think it's something like 7.5.1 that had Win 7 support.  However, if you search the forums you'll see people have been able to install previous version on Windows 7.

david

The customer reports:

Don is trying to install CTIOS 7.5.8 on Windows 7 (64 bit) and it crashes on startup. Have you heard of this before?

So, it install correctly, but once you try to run it, it crashes?  Have you looked at the CTIOS log to see what it says?  7.5.8 does support Windows 7.

david

David,

Where in the Windows 7 file system are the log files hidden? They don't

show up in the places that XP has them.

Thanks,

David

David Freedman

Senior Software Engineer

VoiceRite, Inc.

954-653-2528 Voice

954-653-2565 Fax

dfreedman@voicerite.com

2501 Davie Road, Suite 230, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317 USA

www.voicerite.com

To: David Freedman

Date: 08/18/2010 11:35 AM

Subject: New message: "64-bit CTIOS Desktop"

d.freedman,

A new message was posted in the Discussion thread "64-bit CTIOS Desktop":

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3159555#3159555

Author : david.macias

Profile : https://supportforums.cisco.com/people/david.macias

Look at the registry for that machine:

HLM > SOFTWARE > Cisco Systems, Inc. > CTIOS Tracing> TraceFileName

That will tell you the name and location of the log files.

david

Windows 7 security feature redirects any write attempts to the "Program Files" folder to a user folder. That folder should be located at: C:\Users\[name] \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\. The log files should be there.

I'm interested in why agents would need a 64-bit operating system.

What is the 64-bit application the agent runs? Does the machine have more than 4GB RAM installed. Using high-end machines for agents - when you have hundreds, maybe thousands of agents is not going to happen often.

Normally we are pushed in the other direction - make CAD run on an older machine with 512MB.

Regards,

Geoff

The customer is a department within a state government, and the mandate of

the state was to migrate all desktops to this version. Since XP is

end-of-sale, Cisco products should support the newer platforms.

Thanks,

David

David Freedman

Senior Software Engineer

VoiceRite, Inc.

954-653-2528 Voice

954-653-2565 Fax

dfreedman@voicerite.com

2501 Davie Road, Suite 230, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317 USA

www.voicerite.com

IT departments don't want something trival, such as as CAD, holding up their deployment of desktop software. However this is exacly what one client of mine has experienced. Many companies are spending the money to deploy win 7 64 but they may find Cisco hasn't caught up.

CAD 7.6(1) includes the following new features:

• Support for JRE 1.6.0_17 and later 1.6 updates
  • Support for 32-bit Microsoft Windows 7 Business, Professional, and Ultimate
  • Support for 64-bit Microsoft Windows 7 running the 32-bit Windows on 64-bit Windows (WoW64) emulation layer

The above is from the release notes. I think CAD (from Calabrio) will be on Windows 7 64-bit natively before CTIOS.

Regards,

Geoff

jimbrittcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, a lot of cisco desktop software was behind on 64 bit capabilites. I looked several months ago and pretty much nothing was ready.

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

The out of box CTIOS desktop isn't supported for 64 bit on any version right now, and I've found no way to make it work. One solution is to run it via xp-mode. Another solution is to develop a custom .NET or java desktop which I have had some success getting working on Win 7 64-bit.

I agree that this isn't supported.  I was, however, able to get CAD Desktop to install on Windows 7 64-bit.  This may be one of those cases where it is not supported, but you might be able to make it work.

Here's what I did.

1) Download the CAD desktop to the Agent PC.

2) Right click on it and do .. Create Shortcut -> Send to Desktop.

3) Edit the shortcut and set it to run in compatibility mode.

4) Double Click the shortcut to install the application.

It worked for me.  However, I have not tested monitoring and recording, and all features and functionality.  So, your mileage may vary... and of course, I wouldn't expect Cisco TAC to support this for you... so, you may be on your own until they come up with a better version.

Best wishes!

Brian

HI,

Is Windows 7 (64 Bit) supported with CTIOS Desktop 7.5 or 8.0 now.

I am running Windows 7 (64 Bit) OS  and whenever I start CTIOS Desktop, it get crashed.

I have tried with CTIOS 7.5 and CTIOS 8.0 both.

Please see the attachment Error Screen shot.

Please advice, are changes required in Registry as well?

Thanks,

Manish.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: