cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TUP.ini File Error

ozcan.yildiz
Level 1
Level 1

I have Call Manager and Contact Center and installed both of them. Then i added license but i want to install CAD Client Configuration. I downloaded .exe file in CCX (Tools-->Plug-ins-->Download CAD Client Configuration) but when i open this .exe file, the program gives a error. Error is: "TUP.ini file on the server is missing a critical value for the Call Center Language."

How can i fix this problem?

15 Replies 15

Michael Turnbow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have seen this error before but in order to diagnose the issue better I really need to know the version of UCCX software you are running.  There was a defect for this issue in the 5.0x version but depending on your version it may not apply.  Let me know the version and I'll be able to comment more.

Thanks

Hi Michael,

My UCCX version is 8.0 and Unified  Call Manager version is 6.0

Thanks.

Hi Ozcan,

I'm not aware of this issue affecting UCCX 8.0 but I can tell you that your current configuration is unsupported.  CCX 8.0 is not compatible with CUCM 6.0.  I would not be surprised at all if this is the root of your issue.  Even if it is not at the root of the issue, this setup will cause you many problems since CCX 8.0 was never designed to work with CUCM 6.0.

The compatibility guide is here:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

As far as that particular error is concerned though it sounds like the CAD configuration tool needs to be run again but first the system needs to be set back to a fresh install state (which allows you to go through the setup again and choose the language options).  This can only be done by TAC so I suggest you open a case for that.

TAC will likely not be able to assist with your current configuration though so I advise to upgrade the CUCM to a supported version first.

Thanks

Mike

Be sure to rate this post if the information is helpful.

I have installed ccx 8.5.1 and cucm 8.5.1 and I am having the same problem with the TUP.ini error message when trying to run the client configuration tool.  This is a new install not an upgrade. Any ideas?

If this is HA make sure you are pointing to the Node1 or Publisher IP address in the tool, not node 2.  Also, what language setting are you currently using on the server?

This is not HA. I have cucm on one server and cuccx on another.  The language should be english.

The only other suggestion I have at this point is open a TAC case.  I am not aware of any other fixes for this issue.

Did you get your issue resolved.  I am having the same issue with 8.5

The only thing that fixed it was re-installing it. I found that my rmuser was an end user not an application user, so checking that may be the fix you are looking for.

qpippen
Level 1
Level 1

Had the same issue with UCCX 8.5SU2 with my system language in french and CSD/CAD in french...

So I switched to english, then I was able to package the CSD/CAD correctly

Then I reswitched back to french and everything was ok

good luck

Hello,

Please try the following for the UCCX 8.5 system

-From the CLI run the following command

-The output should display in this format

command to be run  =  show uccx cad prefs SiteSetup

-For the CALLCENTERLANG=

-Check the value if none present

-Enter this from the CLI

"set uccx prefs SiteSetup CALLCENTERLANG 1033"

-RESTART the server

-check the command line again by running the

show uccx cad prefs SiteSetup

-it should update

-try the process again if it doesnt work

-

add CALLCENTERLANG=1033 to the TUP.ini file manually and try running Configuration tool

Let me know if this works

Thanks,

Prashanth

Hi Prasanth,

I have faced the same TUP.in error. When I tried to do what ever you mentioned I found CALLCENTERLANG is blank. I tried to run the command  "set uccx prefs SiteSetup CALLCENTERLANG 1033" , but its saying no valid command entered.

Can you plz help..

Thanks in advance.

Hi Reena,

Please run the following command

show uccx cad prefs SiteSetup

this wil give you and output

scroll down and check what the valye of the CALLCENTERLANG Is set to now

-if its nots set then run the command if it fails

-I would suggest open up a TAC case for assistance

Thanks,

Prashanth

The actual command should be

set uccx cad prefs SiteSetup CALLCENTERLANG "1033"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: