Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Module Sync Issue

jteixido
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

We recently had an issue that the active ACE module would not sync to the standby ACE module, the following commands fixed our issue:

On the active do :
no ft auto-sync startup-config
no ft auto-sync running-config

wait about a minute and enable with:

ft auto-sync startup-config
ft auto-sync running-config

Regards,

John...

7 Replies 7

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

this is typical. If you get in a state where standby can't sync (say for example ssl certs and keys

or probe scripts were not copied to standby) then you correct the condition by copying the files

to standby ft will not re-initiate bulk config unless you execute those commands

. This is typical when trying to correct standby_cold condition.

cbregeripr
Level 1
Level 1

Does this have any affect on connectiosn on the ACE?  I want to run this command but I can nerver drop below 4,000 connections.  I am feerful it may  drop connections. NAy feedback would be appreciated!

Chris

Chris,

I did not notice any dropped connections when I ran this command, I will admit that I did not have many connections to start with. I did not find any information on this by looking at the documentation: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/v3.00_A2/command/reference/config.html#wp1002392

John...

the command will not cause dropped connections. Whaqt it does is kick off config sync nothing else.

This happens all on the control plane. Load balanced connections and through ace connections are on the data plane and

are not affected.

Liltrenta,

Thank you, this is good information for the community.

Regards,

John...

For the record, I ran this command on a box whith >4000 connections and nothing dropped.  Thanks for sharing your expierence.

Chris

Your a brave person Chris, thanks for the info.

John...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: